The BCS: Thoughts on how things ENDED UP

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

The BCS: Thoughts on how things ENDED UP

Postby wingseeker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok, let's hear your thoughts on how the BCS did this year in ending up with LSU vs Bama in the championship
Game.
wingseeker
hunter

Re: The BCS: Thoughts on how things ENDED UP

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:07 am

Did they get 1 and 2 right? probably so, but all it does is prove that the BCS is a double standard. In 07, Ohio State beat Michigan, but Michigan was still ranked #2 and they were given a rematch b/c "They had their shot" so I'm not sure why its any different this year.

If there was some sort of playoff that allowed bama to work their way back to LSU, then I would be fine with it, but again, they had their chance, at home, and lost. In previous years, when BCS defenders were saying, "The regular season is a playoff", there is no way this would have happened, but suddenly its OK. Personally I say let Stanford or Okie light have a shot at them.

If people get upset b/c 1 and 2 are playing, then just tell them the same crap people have been using to defend the BCS for years. Every year, we get to this point in the season and its the same thing, a wonderful college season that is just sullied by an extremely flawed BCS system. I don't really want to get started about the coaches poll or the fact that a championship game is played a month after the regular season ends.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 am

I could care less, never going to make everyone happy. Personally I would of given Okst there shot. I would of loved to seen how we handled Blackmon. I do think the BCS n co are going to look hard into making changes but probably won't happen anytime soon.

GEAUX TIGERS :thumbsup:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Saltwater_Assassin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 am

It wasnt but a couple years back the Ol' Nick Saban stated, " If you do not win your conference championship, you should not be playing for the National Championship." He sure isnt saying that now. Another team should get their shot. Bama already blew it at home. Just my opinion.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"
- George Washington
Saltwater_Assassin
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 pm

College football has never had a system to pick a national champion that was agreed upon by everyone. Go back 90 years and notice how many teams all claim to have been national champs the same year.
It was all according to this sports writer, or that sports poll ...etc.
They never are unbiased or agree.
Sorry but it's just the way it is.
Somebody's team always gets shafted. The one with the blue field could have been champs several times IMO.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Return to Sports