Linebacker

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Linebacker

Postby Young Canadian Gun » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Is there any current or former linebackers on this forum. This year im trying out for linebacker and i just want any tips or anything that could help my performence out there.
Thanks
Young Canadian Gun
hunter

Postby youngster57 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:28 am

what year are ya.
youngster57
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:06 pm

im not a linebacker, but what do you want to know?
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby youngster57 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:52 pm

All ive gotta tell you is i just graduated last year and for our highschool the coaches want to teach you technique themselves jsut work on speed, strength, and awareness. Know where your supposed to be and what to do. Listen to your coaches never go against what they say. Work hard and everything will take care of itself. Also in most cases as linebacker your gonna be the defensive leader and have to work as a team. Just hit the weight room and track and work hard and focus on everything they tell you and before too long you'll be the starter!
youngster57
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:53 pm

i play right outside linebacker and just know your gonna have alot coming your way so be ready to take on the responsibility
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby outdoorsman182 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:32 pm

this year i was the an all region middle backer. You have to have a certain disreguard for your own persinal safty to be a good linebacker, its more about attitude than anything. Just remember if you hit the other person hard, run through the blocks, the other team wont want to hit you again
outdoorsman182
Newb

Postby Bubba54 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:41 am

Played Middle Linebacker in H.S. and College.

As far as tips..Get yourself into the weight room and work your ass off, Seeing as how your in H.S. when it comes time to practice, dont be afraid to jump in wherever the coach needs someone, show him you want to play and will do whatever it takes to get on that field!!

Getting in the weight room NOW and make yourself stronger is the first step, your gonna take alot of abuse in the middle, work your neck,shoulders and legs!! And never let anyone tell you that you cant do it! I was told that my whole life, being 5 foot 9 I was a small middle linebacker, but I got my ass in the weight room and came out looking like a fireplug!! I didnt play at a big college, but hell I played!!

~Good luck, hope this helps.
Bubba54
hunter

Postby greenhead88 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:36 pm

I started strong side linebacker my junior and senior year

DONT LET IT SLIP AWAY BECAUSE WHEN ITS OVER ITS OVER

i am will be graduating in a couple months and it will be the hardest thing to leave by far.

my advice is that you dont have to be the biggest or the baddest to dominate. know the game. know your opponents and let them know that you are a mean SOB. HIT THE WEIGHTS. and the most important part is have pride and NEVER take a single play off. one last think HIT SOMEBODY. listen to your coaches they know there s**t.
greenhead88
hunter

Return to Sports