NHL who is your team!

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

NHL who is your team!

Postby kgrant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 am

I am a Blackhawks fan and have been since I was knee high to a duck . I think they have a good shot at repeating but who knows they haven't been the best in pre-season and hockey is unpredictable so will see . who's your Nhl team and who do you think is going to win the Stanley cup . The puck drops in 5 days! :grooving:
kgrant
hunter

Re: NHL who is your team!

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

I'm a die hard Sharks fan, yes, totally random being from Massachusetts, but I grew up rooting for them in '92 and haven't stopped.
They are always competitive, but never seen to be able to win the big playoff games. Definitely excited for tonight's first games though. Seems like there have been a ton of fights so far this pre season.
Let's go Sharks!
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am

I'm a Flyers fan. I grew up in Maryland so they were the closest team. Playoff hockey is the best thing in sports.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby kgrant » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:08 pm

I like both those teams a lot super fun to watch and they were both aggressive last year too. Blackhawks won tonight 6-4 good good game. keep posting as the season goes on I would love to keep in contact through out the season.
kgrant
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 am

I honestly don't watch much hockey throughout the regular season until it gets to playoff time, then I'm glued to the TV. That Boston vs Toronto game 7 last year was incredible. Same with baseball. I am heartbroken that my Orioles went downhill in a losing streak right when they were in contention for a wild card spot. I love both sports but you can't beat football for meaningful regular season games due to the short season. Every game really does count in the NFL.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby BurnettGunner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 am

Minnesota Wild.... the perennial lovable losers. I can only stand to watch the regular season games if I can be there in person. Playoffs are when I start to pay attention.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby Cold » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:56 am

I'm a Penguins fan. As a fairly young guy compared to what seems to be the average around here, I was a kid when Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, etc. won two cups in the early 90s, and while they were pretty bad in the late 90s, and I lost interest somewhat, I always pulled for them.

Now we've got exciting hockey every year in Pittsburgh, and I am much more into the NHL as a whole, and learning about the finer points of the game.

So far, we look pretty good, even without Letang, 3-0, and many of our younger guys and players that aren't the elite big names are really looking promising. Jokinen's hat trick last night was fun to watch!
Cold
hunter

Postby kgrant » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 am

The Pens are an amazing team that's for sure and Crosby is tough as nails. I hope they have a better post season this year. they tried to play Boston hockey not penguin hockey last playoffs and that was there downfall but they are having an awesome year will be interesting to see how this season goes for them.
kgrant
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:58 pm

LET'S GO ISL-EN-DERS...!
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby pescarconganas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:02 pm

Die-hard Avs fan here. I was young when they moved to Denver and remember watching Ewe Krupp score in triple overtime to secure their first Cup victory! Glad to have Roy lighting fires again!
pescarconganas
hunter

Postby kgrant » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:29 pm

That's awesome man. that game against the penguins was insane your Goalie was a brick wall way to go.
kgrant
hunter

Postby 2takem » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 pm

@kgrant- Prly not going to like me to much. My team has left the blackhawks singing the blues so far.....LOL
2takem
hunter

Postby 2takem » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 pm

all kidding aside, fun rival to watch thats for sure!
2takem
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:05 pm

"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby kgrant » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Hahaha yeah they sure are. The Hawks really need to pull it together. That's a sweet video
kgrant
hunter

Postby FSUDuck » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Blackhawks fan for life! :beer:
FSUDuck
hunter

Return to Sports