Bowl games

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Bowl games

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:00 pm

So nobodys commenting on about the bowl games! Man I love colledge football. :getdown:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby A-Bomb » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 pm

well penn st. and wisconson finally got the big 10 on the board...too bad michigan didnt show up. :pissed:....now, come on OSU...whoop the hell outta the gators.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby doogie494 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:58 am

How many people still feel that Michigan should still be in the National Championship???

That Boise State game rocked last night.
Doug

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Well did you see the Boise State/OU game last night. I was pulling hard for BS, they just could not hang on to that lead. I really wanted to see the under dog win. But they can sure hold their heads high, cause they played a fantastic game.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:03 pm

i still think michigan could have been in the national championship game. they played well agianst OSU, and IMHO should have won the game. theyre a very good team, just played bad yesterday...you cant judge a team by one game, look at USC's flop in the last game of the year. did they look anything like thay yesterday?....i think not. everybody plays a stinker.

michigan had allot of problems yesterday. their offensive line should have given allot better protection than they did. and i wont even get started on their poor defense. plain and simple, they were not prepared....and thats not to take anything away from a great USC team either. they came to the game prepared and got r done. hats off to em.

NOW....GO BUCKEYES!!!....WHOOP THOSE GATORS!!! :getdown:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby gone winchester » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Michigan looked like they just fell apart yesterday from there regular season play....Bosie State game was awsome to watch.
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Postby doogie494 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:49 pm

I was glad to see Boise State upset a giant. as far as Michigan goes, while you cannot judge a team with one loss you can with two. yes they played OSU hard and came up shy, if your going to lose a close game like that,you'd better play harder the next time to prove you still deserve to be there. Michigan didn't, USC did.
Doug

Postby gone winchester » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:39 pm

:withstupid: Yes sir, well put
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:01 am

the boise st game was one of the absolute best bowl games i have ever seen. it was right up there with the 2002 Nat'l Champ between OSU and UofM. WOW!

the Southern Cal/Michigan game was very disappointing. this game proves that UM didn't deserve a shot at the nat'l title. while some argue it was just a "bad" game, i don't buy it. pete carrol and the trojans exploited the same weaknesses in UM that OSU did earlier in the season. there was no fluke about it. UM couldn't tackle, couldn't cover in the secondary, and without Mike Hart running the ball effectively, they don't really have much in the way of an offensive attack. it just goes to show, UM was not as complete a team as they were given credit for being. i think a more accurate description of UM is that they over-achieved when they played OSU. don't get me wrong either, i actually like UM but they just didn't have it this year. also note, lloyd carr is in some serious trouble in Ann Arbor.... :thumbsdown: (which i don't agree that he should be but that's the way the cookie crumbles.)

southern cal, on the other hand, made a decent argument that they could have competed for the nat'l title. they played lights out ball against UM. carrol has just done an incredible job there and as long as he keeps the recruits coming in year after year, they are going to be a tough team in a very weak conference. please note, i despise southern cal! the real USC is in Columbia, SC! we are 75 years older than southern cal.

i still think UF & OSU still deserve to play for the title. UF had the toughest schedule in the country, nobody can argue that. they will give OSU everything they can handle and then some. UF's defense is faster than OSU has seen all year and that will show early and often. the only problem i think UF will have is scoring. leak can do some great things, but percy harvin and dallas baker will have to be key contributors in order for UF to pull it off. look for UF to bring the Nat'l Champ back to the SEC this year.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:30 pm

I saw the Boise State game and was pulling hard for BS. When OU intercepted the ball and made that touchdown in the end, I said to heck with it since it was like a minute or so left in the game, and went to bed. Got home from work last night and was watching sportscenter and saw the highlights, man am I mad at myself. Missed the best finish of any game all year. Glad to hear a mid major won a bowl game, further solidifying their need to be a part of the BCS Bowl Games.
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby doogie494 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:35 pm

I was going to say somehing after your first post on Boise St., but i figured youd see it eventually. i stayed and watched it and it was for lack of a better word, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Doug

Postby IBBoykin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 pm

I was ready to shoot myself for turning it off. After that, I made sure I stayed up and watched the entire Sugar Bowl, just for the what if premise. As it turned out, that was one heck of a premise in that game. Geaux Tigers.
IBBoykin
hunter

Return to Sports