TONY ROMO

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

TONY ROMO

Postby ncduckkiller » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:24 pm

All right, I have heard and seen to many folks bashing Tony about the botched hold. Here are the facts and the facts only. Had I been the coach I would have made sure that I used my 3rd down for that situation just in case something unforseeable was to occur so that we could sit on the ball and have at least on chance left... Cowboy coach (God bless him) has been coaching for 40 years and should have known this. At some time they are going to figure out that even if it is a waste of money, they need someone who handles the ball for the placement and placement only. You are going to say "well anyone can hold the ball" and you are correct, however, with the things that had been going through Tony's mind throughout the game, the hold should not have been another one of his collateral duties....
ncduckkiller
hunter

Postby GREENHEADROCKER » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Not try to bash what your saying cause i know where your coming from but the thing is that Romo was the holder. That was his job. 99% of the backup quaterbacks in the NFL are the holders. Just because he started most of the games this year, at the beginning of the season he was the backup so that was his job.

GO BOYS
GREENHEADROCKER
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:57 pm

my question is why didnt they run their "contingency play?" i mean when i played if there was a botched hold on a field goal or even a bad snap on a punt the person would yell "fire" as loud as possible and the end blockers (always receivers and tight ends) would haul ass to the flags in the back and front of the end zone. why didnt romo do that once he didnt have control of the ball. also my other problem with him is that he CAN NOT feel the backside pressure. a pop warner kid could tell you that if you are trying to run it in then you WILL have someone trying to trip you up from behind. a simple high step would have won the game. he always looks jittery in the pocket and uncomfortable. i never really thought he was that good and all he has shown this season is that he cant win the big game. sad to say that the boys arent doing so good. lost parcels, still have t.o., and now romo will have NO confidence. oh and t.o. is a useless waste of talent. for his size and speed he should be the best receiver in the nfl but he talks too much and tries to manipulate the media. he can single handidly bring down an entire team. sorry im still bitter about their preformance this year! haha but still....go boys :salude:
agengo02
hunter

Postby portahunter » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Oh well, can't cry over spilt milk. They lost and we can belly ach all we want to but that's not going to change anything.

Personally, I think that football looked just a little too shinny if you know what I mean. :toofunny: :toofunny:
Last edited by portahunter on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portahunter
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:32 pm

haha ya it was a shiny ball...it was that damn carrie underwood that got his head all messed up! those damn women...thats what they do.
agengo02
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:01 pm

agengo02 wrote:a simple high step would have won the game. he always looks jittery in the pocket and uncomfortable.

if he would have high stepped he would have gotten tackled by the defender coming down the line...this just in...when you high step you lose momentum, and that in turn slows your forward progress...so looking back his best bet would have been to either try to stretch it further towards the sideline or dive...if gramatica holds jordan babineaux then all that happens is the touchdown gets called back and we try to rekick the field goal...we can sit here all day long and discuss if's...main thing is tony romo will not be holding next year, all he will have to focus on is getting the ball to his receivers and not turning it over...

on an up note, glad to see the cowboys bring back jason garrett...he might have only been a back up, but, he was one of the smarter football players on the team at that time...bring on the offense...
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
woodie77
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:56 pm

yes it would have slowed his momentum and he wouldnt have made a touchdown, but he would have gotten far enough to get a first down. remember he had to get to about the 1 yard line for the first down. so again ill say it...a high step would have won the game.
agengo02
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:33 am

lets look back at it...you put it on tony romo...if terry glenn doesn't fumble we win that game...it marion barber could have gotten one yard we win that game...if jason witten falls forward we get that first down and win the game...to many if's and's or but's...we didn't win and thats that...tony romo is the best quarterback we have had since aikman left...there is a reason they kept him around the last 4 years as a back up...they saw something none of us could have seen in practice...

looking forward to next year...hopefully with wade phillips as our head coach...
woodie77
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:16 am

I think trying to shift the blame off of Mr. ROMO is wrong. The fact of the matter is he botched the hold during a critical time of the game. He is getting bashed more because he is the starter. However, if you want to be successful and be a star in the league, you need to come through in crunch time. He obviously didn't and he will suffer for awhile. Hopefully his confidence isn't shot for next year.
Well look on the bright side, atleast he didnt have a truckload of cow manure dumped in his front yard like a CFL kicker a few years back.

anyways, keep ur stick on the ice.

-Ward
Last edited by Canadian Quacker on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:23 am

IS HOCKEY EVEN CONSIDERED A SPORT? :getdown:
or just boxing on ice??? :toofunny:
woodie77
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:38 am

well boxing is a sport so why wouldnt boxing on ice be a sport.
:laughing:

actually there isn't that much fighting in hockey anymore.

-Ward
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby big savage » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Romo's a good QB and a good holder.....except for that one, and ultimately that's the one that cost us the most.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it'd be christmas all year.

I hate that the hold was botched and I think we had a great team this year, but I can't blame just romo for the mark in the 'L' column. All I can say is that I can't wait for draft time. I just hope dallas screws their head on straight and picks up some o-line and d-line meat. I think we look ok everywhere else.

At least my #2 team is still in it. I've been watching peyton manning since his days as a Vol. I'd like to see him pick up a ring.

GO COLTS!
If it hops, it drops. If it flies, it dies.
big savage
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:32 pm

they started showing all the holds those guys(holders) must have nerve of steel you have some guy comming ready to kick your hand right off if you don't get out of the way, if the snap is bad you need to fix the ball and place it perfictly. I think there would have to be a lot going through a place holders head with the game on the line damn that would be a mind full.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:59 pm

that YIPE YIPE YIPE sound i heard all the way up here that sunday was Tony Romo screwing the pooch...lol.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 pm

:withstupid:.....I heard it too

:toofunny:
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby Swanyriver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Blame it on Jessica Simpson! I'd make sure i had great hands if that was what I was dealing with.
Heres my question : Why not get T.O. to hold the ball, rumor has it he has the best hands in the league(ever)! :toofunny:
Send him to Cleveland or Raiders and see what a great reciever he is, would prob be like boot camp.
Swanyriver
hunter

Return to Sports