Who's ready for the Daytona 500?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Who's ready for the Daytona 500?

Postby gahunter » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Two more days until NASCAR gets kicked off again and I can't wait. :salude: Go Rusty! :thumbsup:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 pm

I am kind of excited for 2 things the race and the NBA all-start game. Then West is going to win the game and the number 24 car is going to win the race :tounge:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:38 pm

definitely ready here. my wife and i both are big race fans.

go 8.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 pm

More than ready. Hitting the spring race at Bristol and the 600. I love Charlotte, great city, great track. I just need a driver, now that Terry (semi) retired.
Snaph
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:50 pm

Snafu518 wrote:More than ready. Hitting the spring race at Bristol and the 600. I love Charlotte, great city, great track. I just need a driver, now that Terry (semi) retired.

i go to charlotte just about every year also. usually spend a long weekend up there for speed week, hit the busch race sat & W.O.O, then the big race sunday.

maybe we can catch up.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby shocktroop » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:12 pm

Woo Hoooooooo I usually have a kegger at my place for the 500 and the Bristol night race, but this weekend I'll be at my folks house for the long weekend, gota do some strategic planning to catch the race. My wife digs nascar also, as does my dad, so shouldn't be a problem, gotta make excuses to stay at the house. As far as Daytona goes...you can't mention any super-speedway without thinking of DEI, they're always a serious contender. As for the mentioned 24....mmmm I respect the guy for his amazing accomplishments more than I like him....that or I'm a closet Gordon fan....but I've always been a die-hard Earnhardt fan. If it's of any value, my boy (7 y/o) is a big Gordon fan...I don't know where the hell he got it though. Maybe cause he drives a chevy?
shocktroop
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:22 pm

Shrpshtr,
I (we) are there all weekend also. Speed street and all that stuff. Look for me. I will have my camo DU hat on. Anyways PM or e-mail me about your plans. I will drink a few beers with ya. I still have to catch the Outlaws race at "The Dirt Track." Man I want to go so bad...but we are beat after walking all day and watching the Busch race. Let me know.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:25 pm

I like having my own South Dakota 500 around my block :cool: Its going to be a good race though, hopefully it don't get rained out.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:54 am

Snafu518 wrote:Shrpshtr,
I (we) are there all weekend also. Speed street and all that stuff. Look for me. I will have my camo DU hat on. Anyways PM or e-mail me about your plans. I will drink a few beers with ya. I still have to catch the Outlaws race at "The Dirt Track." Man I want to go so bad...but we are beat after walking all day and watching the Busch race. Let me know.

we usually have a catered book above the stands. air conditioned, all the food and beer you can drink, etc. we have a friend that owns a team in W.O.O and he takes us in the pits and all. it's very cool, but the best part about it is that cool air in the box after being in the hot sun all day.

we'll definitely have to try and catch up. i'll pm you when we finalize our plans this year.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby had » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:12 pm

go #17

i'm ready :yes:
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:23 pm

Sounds like we got a few diehard fans on here. I will make both Atlanta races and hopefully get up to Lowe's for one race. I have a damn engagement brunch tomorrow, but hopefully I will still be able to watch most of the race. I will catch the rest on the radio. Harvick sure isn't making any friends out there. Go Rusty :salude:
gahunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Go Kevin #29...(Till Truex JR. goes full time next year) Kevin may drive hard and make people mad. But that sounds alot like the guy that drove that same car before him.
Snaph
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:20 pm

i have to give kevin some props for what he did the other day to JJ. i loved it. it's about time someone educated him a bit... :thumbsup:

Gentleman, start your engines...
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby had » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:04 pm

you got that right!
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:16 pm

Lets go :thumbsup:
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby had » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:07 pm

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
had
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:33 pm

had you read my mind. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Just about anybody but him. My boy Earnhardt almost did it :pissed:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:18 pm

Awww thats too bad, but my man number 24 did it :yes: :yes: :yes: :tounge:
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:50 pm

i used to be a big 24 fan. i just can't take the fact that he doesn't have much of a spine. oh well, both my guys turned in top 10's (jr. and stewart). i thought jr would pull it off..it was a good race.

next stop, california!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:04 pm

The only reason ppl like the 24 is cuz he is the only racer that enunciates when speaking...... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ........just playin.....im a Dale Ehrnhardt jr. fan now.........but am and always will be a Dale Ehrnhardt fan....long live in memory #3
duckbuster
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:29 pm

You guys don't have to be jelous just because he is a winner :tounge:
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:30 pm

:withstupid: 24 is the man. :yes:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:45 pm

Well that race was a waste of time. I hate it when the "twinkie" wins. An overbearing 24 (the car not the show) fan at work just does not shut up. He talks so much trash it could fill a dumpster in about 10 seconds. And he wants to go fishing with me tomorrow after work. Fine... he can sit on the other side of the lake.
Snaph
hunter

Postby had » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:51 pm

i got the same problem with the 20 car. i was so happy he didn't win. if he had it would have been a rough day at work.
had
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:15 pm

Toward the end of thing I was screaming anybody but Jr. That lucky so and so can defecate in a swinging jug at a plate race. I was pulling hard for the 2 and 6 but they made me happy with a couple of solid top 10's. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :salude:
gahunter
hunter

Next

Return to Sports