barry bonds

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

barry bonds

Postby jaydogg » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:40 pm

i see the home run king is in a bit of hot water over the sterroid issue. well i dont understand why just look at his rookie card.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v703/ ... 005a-1.jpg
jaydogg
Banned

Postby BAYOU_BOY » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:59 pm

FIRST OFF bonds is the greatst player to ever play baseball, and he has taken test after test after test and they have been neg.....Only thing he took was some"steroids" that was not a banned substance by MLB....it now is a banned substance...but at the time it was not.....He is a great player.....And has perfromed under great pressure.....And will be in the hall of fame
Tracy Chelette
BAYOU_BOY
hunter

Re: barry bonds

Postby ncduckkiller » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:05 pm

jaydogg wrote:i see the home run king is in a bit of hot water over the sterroid issue. well i dont understand why just look at his rookie card.

That's funny...... :rofl: :rofl:
If you hunt WITH your kids now you won't hunt FOR your kids tomorrow.
ncduckkiller
hunter

Postby Dolsmi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dolsmi
hunter

Postby asutton13 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm

bayou....im sorry but he aint the greatest.....he can hit ill give him that

steroids....that debate will never be won by either side...but he did BLOW up

he doesnt have the all around GAME to be the GREATEST...he can hit....decent arm, decent speed, not the smartest player on the field, and a girl can catch a flyball

that doesnt mean hes the greatest

a cal ripken or derek jeter or someone of that caliber is a GREAT player....and to me it is how someone HOLDS themself and humbles themself to the team instead of saying I DID THIS AND I DID THAT

Just my 2 cents
asutton13
hunter

Postby Ducxprt » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:20 pm

BAYOU_BOY wrote:FIRST OFF bonds is the greatst player to ever play baseball, and he has taken test after test after test and they have been neg.....Only thing he took was some"steroids" that was not a banned substance by MLB....it now is a banned substance...but at the time it was not.....He is a great player.....And has perfromed under great pressure.....And will be in the hall of fame

Greatest player Ever?? Now that is a he77 of a stretch. And steroids are illegal by law so that makes them illegal by the MLB. And no he will not make the hall of fame, they do not want him to tarnish such great palyers, by putting his name next to theirs.

Is he a good player? Yes! I remember the days when he was winning gold gloves for the outfeild. Its just to bad he got a little jealeous of Mark MacGuiers succes, and decieded to juice up!! How else do you explain the added muscle mass over a period of a few years. Not to mention going from 40something homers in a year to 73 homers in a year. :oops: I rubbed some muscle cream on my legs and that must be what made me bigger.
TALK EM INTO GIVING UP
Ducxprt
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:22 pm

He is the best hitter...but by far he is not the best all around player, like sportsmanship, and caring for the team.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby HowIdo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:34 pm

You know why he didnt get caught bayou? Its becasue he took Human Groth Hormone which is only detected by taking a blood sample. The players union only allows urine samples which HGH cannot be detected in!!

Symptoms of HGH use is an enlarged head and stomach!! Hah pretty obvious to me!!

You know why he is considered the best, because he took the best steroids money can buy for years and years, thats why!!!

He is good though!! haha
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
HowIdo
hunter

Postby badabing1997 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 pm

he isnt the best player and neither is Jeter

lowell.........big pappy.....ortiz

the proof is in the pudding

EDITED BY MOD:
badabing1997
hunter

Postby Scatterman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:14 pm

The biggest ****** in the game.
Scatterman
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:46 pm

in my opinion he aint no hall of famer hes jus a winey cry baby who cant accept that he had to cheat to win! :mad: :mad:
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14 am

LOL jaydog :lol:
When a player...any player..Hits 715 hrs in less at bats and games then the BABE then I will consider that record broken.
When a player ...any player hits 61 hrs in less at bats or games then the BABE then I will consider that record broken.
Then they gotta go out and pitch 90 games.

George Herman Ruth. The Babe

My man got fat on hot dogs and beer not roids :thumbsup:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby mydogearl » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:34 am

sorry boys but bonds was on the way to the HOF before the roids or HGH. he was great before and still is. yea, the roids may have helped some balls leave the park the may not have if he was clean. but one thing is for sure, there is a lot more involved in being a great hitter than just being strong. whatever he did was not right but he still should still be in the HOF and there shouldnt necessarily be an asterisk by his name or whatever. it should just be noted for all of the players in the HOF from this era that they played in the steroid era.......oh and who said jeter is great? he is a very solid SS that just happens to play for the biggest team in baseball and the media blows him up. hell, hes not even the best SS on his team. by the way, 10 yr. $275 million :eek:
mydogearl
hunter

Postby s_unit81 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:27 am

Whats got him now is ubstructing justice. Which doesnt sound good. I am not a supporter or hater of bonds. He was and is a great baseball player. May be the best of this era with or without the *. How ever the whole roid issue, my question is how many of all his home runs he hit come off of a pitcher that was also using roids. How ever it is my opion that Babe Ruth is the best ever.
WHACKIN AND STACKIN!!!!!
s_unit81
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:34 am

Pete Rose should be in the Hall too.But hes not.he gambled,broke the law,same as Bonds.No doubt BB was on the way to the hall before the roids,But now hes indited,if found guilty hes goin to jail.

yer out Barry!!!!!!!
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby asutton13 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:36 am

First, I didnt mean to make it sound like i thought jeter was the GREATEST i meant that he was a solid all around athlete

The Babe was the greatest of his time....its hard to say what he would have done against a lefty touching up on 99mph with a cut fastball ..... (i like the Babe...not knocking him but it is hard to compare him then to the guys now)

Steroids not only make you STRONGER but increase hand eye coordination.....he might not have been able to touch some of them pitches if it werent for his ROIDs

Oh well hes going to PRISONNNNN hahahaha hes going to get some more roids while hes in there (hemrhoids).....and prob a protein shake from a guy named BUBBA
asutton13
hunter

Postby asutton13 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:39 am

and YES also Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame

He might not have been the greatest player ever but he is one of the greatest catchers ever

:hijacked:
asutton13
hunter

Postby hurricane658 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:19 pm

as a college baseball player, ive been around the game for way to long. barry bonds is the most overrated and selfish player that i have ever seen in my life. A-Rod will break every record ever set in MLB history! He just aint' real clutch in the postseason! :)
JAZZ
hurricane658
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 am

face it. the guy's an a$$hole and treats everyone like dirt, which automatically makes most want to see him go down.

It's the Golden Rule... Be nice get treated nice, be a jackass get treated accordingly.

Notice that Hank Aaron doesn't spend much time around his godchild anymore.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Sports