Packers are America's Team

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Packers are America's Team

Postby dudejcb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:58 am

Nice to see the Pack doing well again, and appreciate the humbleness and lack of (make that minimal) dancing and showboating. Now to my point.

It's always galled me that the Cowboys marketing depaartment annointned themselves as "America's team." True we all like cheerleaders but they were the first oranization to make their cheerleaders look like prostitutes. okay I like eye candy too, but it's not the wholesome American image that makes you swell with pride.

The Pack is not owned by some bagillionaire that woild move the team to make more money (a la Raders). I'm not sure if they do this any more, but they used to rotate around to various high schools and let their bands and cheerleaders perform at the games.

All in all, I just think they represent the working man (white adn blue collar) more than any other team. They don't run up the score when they can, (like the Patriots last night) and Favre is a guy who, whenever he's had a personal challenge has always come back stronger. There's more but will someting for others.

Any thoughts?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:00 am

please excuse typo's above. my typing sucks.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:11 am

The packers don't "run" up the score because they can't. The Patriots don't give a crap, your in the flippin NFL, grow some nutts and play defense. When the packers when championship after championship after championship then you can be called amercias team otherwise get off your soap box and eat some cheese.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:38 am

do you even watch football or know anything about football?

The Packers have won more championships than any other team (13). with Lombardi they won 5 in 7 years. With Curly Lambeau they won something like 6 in 7 years... but I'd need to check to be sure. Under Holmgren they won back to back NFC titles and that superbowl against the Patriots. They have more tradition and character than any other team. Lambeau Field was voted top place to see a game...Pittsburgh came in second.

You'll come back and say all those championships are ancient history... exactly my point. Lonstanding tradition, small town grit... twice when the team was nearing financial ruin the community--made up of ordinary people, not the ultra rich--purchased voteless shares to to keep the team going. America's Team. Not Gillette industries team.

The Patriots have lots of talent and are playing well. That doesn't mean they have any class. I'd like to see how the Patriots do agianst the Packers defense... and against their offense. Will get some clue when Pack plays Dallas the 29th. Of course injuries are the biggest X-factor in football.

You're in Alaska eh. Darren College (sp?) is from Alaska. Are you one of those jump on the winnning bandwagon guys. You gonna root for the team with the best record next year, or will you stay with the Patriots through thick and thin? Class is as class does... Forest.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm just jacking with ya man, I don't really keep up with the NFL i'm a college football guy, LSU but i'm a Saints fan and with that said i'm not a bandwagoner. But i will say that your talking about Amercias team, Amercias team is the present which would be the Patriots not the packers. I just had to say sometime because my buddy is a Vikings fan and said all you cheese heads are all the same.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:16 pm

guess I'm easily jacked with...

I have some buds here that are Vike fans and some Detroit and Bears fans, I have to feel for them. The vikes ususally start out fast... like Detroit this year... and then fade... like detroit this year. the Bears figured out how to screw things up and go from Suberbolw to toilet bowl in 8 months off season.

Tell your Viking budy that I feel for him. the vikings lost their soul when Bud Grant left the team and they started playing indoors. They haven't found it since, although I liked Jerry Burns. he used to be a Packers coach and I went to school with his son, Mike, then he left for minnehaha.

BTW Bud Grant is from Wisconsin and is living there now... don't know if he's still modeling duck wear for Cabela's. I try not to look at cabela's... just gives me the "I wants."

Trivia fact: Wisconsin has more lakes than Minnesota. Minnesota had to reach an agreement with Wisco before they could potray themselves as the national watering place and use the "land of 10,000 lakes" tag line. Are you listening Minnesota Dan? Minnesotans are big fibbers.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:Trivia fact: Wisconsin has more lakes than Minnesota. Minnesota had to reach an agreement with Wisco before they could potray themselves as the national watering place and use the "land of 10,000 lakes" tag line. Are you listening Minnesota Dan? Minnesotans are big fibbers.

And Manitoba has 100,000 - I don't know why every Wisconsinite feels the need to point out the discrepancy :tongue: - if it's truly that important, I grant my consent as a native Minnesotan for WI to have that term back - maybe then I could have a little peace in the summer. :thumbsup:
Conversely, I dont think theres much over 1500 natural lakes in NE - most of them privately owned. Man I gotta move back.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:59 pm

it's not a big deal. was just trying to point out that Minnesotans are liars! Especially that Lake Wobegone dude GK. He's a professional liar!

...and... the vikings still suck. My viking fan bud can't wait for Childress to get fired. to think the packers wanted him too. dodged a bullet on that one.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:18 pm

dudejcb wrote:...and... the vikings still suck. .

Hey, you gotta have something to complain about and bring up in conversation besides the weather.
-Erik :lol2:
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Wisconsin does not have more lakes. Wisconsin has more lakes with different names.

Myth Busted.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm

hmmm... more lakes with different names you say. that's a distinction I do not sufficient information to dispute. does it mean that minnesota has more lakes with the same name?.... hey wait a minute... you're lyin!

Back to the sports stuff... Vikings still suck. they need to get with the program and get uniforms with more green on 'em so they can hide behind pine trees and get open.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Think about we. We number our lakes up north we have so many.

Myth Busted.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:15 pm

jeepers.... yeah, the farm where my dad grew up in northern Wisconsin had three lakes nearby; First lake, Second lake, and (surprise) Third lake. Third Lake Creek ran out of... you guessed it, Third Lake.

Third lake was a good bluebill/diver lake, and Second Lake was a good walley lake. first lake was right on the highway and was good for tourists.

You hooters aren't the onliest ones that knows bout numbers.

Back to sports: Yur vikings still suck.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:32 pm

Sorry Dan, no go, its 15,000 something natural lakes in WI to our 12,000 some in MN so Dude's technically right.
The only think I cannot figure out is whether WI uses the same size distinction of greater than 10 acres. Some estimates depending on how one defines lake can say up to 15,281 in MN, but the official is 11,842 with 7,326 square miles of water.
Wisconsin has 11,188 square miles of water and 14,927 lakes.
I proclaim we change the MN motto to "There's nothing to see here folks, so go back to Iowa" :wink:
I personally think the vikings will always suck! I blame it on the lack of lakes - that and Denny Green
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby MinnesotaDan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I'm refusing to accept that.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:11 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:I'm refusing to accept that.

:thumbsup:
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:13 am

"I proclaim we change the MN motto to "There's nothing to see here folks, so go back to Iowa"

very funny... wherre do you get your trivia stuff anyway. well done.

did Bob Dylan really come from Duluth? No wonder he's a great poet, nothing to do outside 'cept play hockey, ice fish, for freeze. Might as well write songs.

Hey, the Vikes got up on their hind legs and kicked some arse this weekend.

Coopdog: you right, should be an interesting game, but I think they'll sit anyone who could play but has a nagging injury as both teams have things pretty locked and it's getting to be post-season strategy time. GO PACK!
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Go figure, biggest game of the week, and most people won't be able to watch it!

Actually Dylan's from Hibbing - not far away, but Duluth kind of claims him - nothing wrong with hockey - ice fishing seems like an excuse to drink fro most folks. I can do that in the comfort of my home. Write songs... there's an idea... look for my forthcoming album! :biggrin:
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:26 pm

I'll be watching at a nearby pub that has NFL channel and serves Black Butte Porter... my favorite flavor... and doesn't allow smoking. No sports bars near you?

I think you're right about ice fishing. I went with a friend back in the day. He had a two seat shanty with a propane heater. We'd get toasted and when a crappie would fall off the hook onto the ice-melt we had a hell of time trying to scoop 'em up with our hands. nearly laughed to death. But nowadays, I too do most of my drinking in the safety and comfort of home, where the cops can't give me a DUI, and the bed is a short crawl away.

when we were kids we used to flood our backyard so we could play hockey. amazing we never lost any teeth.

Backk to the game: I'm cautious about being too strident in picking a Packer victory. It seems whenever I do that it jinx's them and they find a way to "steal defeat from the jaws of victory."
I thkn there may be acoule of lines in this note that you might use for your new album.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Actually, Thats not a bad point. I will at least miss part of it for having to work, but there's a bar down the street that I may have to see if they have the NFL network.
I'm by no means a big football fan - but I do like watching what could be an especially good game.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:46 pm

you have to work? Not me, I'm employed by the state of Idaho.

I'd put an emotocon (or whatever they're called) after that remark, but I think they're kinda gay.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm

LaRedneck wrote:The packers don't "run" up the score because they can't. The Patriots don't give a crap, your in the flippin NFL, grow some nutts and play defense. When the packers when championship after championship after championship then you can be called amercias team otherwise get off your soap box and eat some cheese.

I bet that foot tastes a lot like a coot. I am a Pats fan, but for Christs Sake, the Pack doesn't win championships? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yah, neither do the Yankees (who also suck monkey balls by the way)

Brett Favre is a druggy scumbag. I hope we role those stupid cheeseheads this year.

and the Pats are running up the score, they almost can't help themselves. What do you want them to do? We put in our 4th line running back and even he scores. What are we supposed to do, just take 3 knees and punt?
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Against Buffalo didn't the Pats do an onside kick in the 4th quarter when they already had a huge lead? Didn't they leave almost all their starters in.

Yes it's pro football, but like I said before... class is as class does, Forest. Personally I don't care what the Pats do, I'm just watching how they behave, same as the rest of the NFL, and I think they're inviting some sort of payback. You know, Karma. But that's their perogative.

I think it would make a good SB if the Pack and Pats met again, 11 years after. but first, need to deal with Dallas... probably twice, before that can happen.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:09 pm

That onside kick was practice for when someone actually gives them a challenge.....almost got one from Philly :no:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Kiskidinna and Dan... looks like you'll have something to think about besides ducks this post season. Am watching MNF and I think Ferguson has already dropped 2 passes. You really need to be careful about picking up Packer cast offs.

Merry Christmas. Please, knock off the Boys if you get a chance in post season. If not, we'll have to do it ourselves.... finally.
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Sports