NASCAR

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

NASCAR

Postby mallardman77 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:49 pm

I had to start a post about everything nascar.
I've been a huge nascar fan for about 10 years & this year i'm finally getting to go to my first race live. I'll be at the race in Dover, DE Sept.25/05 and i cant wait!! My brother lives in Coatesville,PA. which is like an hour away fom Dover. I know lots of you guys(and gal,HW) get to these races on a regular basis. So let me know what to expect when i get down there.

Kris
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:17 pm

First race? Cool. I have been to Dover and this is what you can expect.
Traffic from hell. Parking is gonna cost you 20 bucks WHEN you find a spot. (thats about $10,000 canadian.) I know the joke is old...can't help myself. Anyway. Dover is a great track so that makes up for a few bad things.

One of the the things I like, is we have 75,000 people drinking beer and rarely have any trouble. But if you are a Gordon fan...get ready to get picked on. It's all fun. You are gonna love the sound of those engines getting fired up. And the smell of high octane exhaust...nothing like it!
If you don't have a race scanner, rent one. Tune in your favorite drivers and listen. Alot of the time the drivers and crew are pretty funny.
This will also help you figure out what is going on. Because once they get going, you don't know what the heck is going on. Untill a restart that is. And restarts are where it's at :thumbsup: Oh and sacanners are good for the ears too, I don't know how you will react, but I could not believe how loud those cars are by themselves, let alone 43 of them putting their foot to the floor.

Visit the souvenir trailers, you can find driver gear that is not normally available. Go early stay late. My mistake was waiting to long to get to the track, then made another one trying to get out of there too soon. If you are just gonna sit there you might as well cook up some burgers and dogs. Put on a pair of comfortable shoes, you are going be doing a lot of walking. The sponsors have stages and stuff set up and have things going on all the time. So there is no reason to be bored. I know I am forgeting something. Well, somebody else will post it. If you have anymore questions just ask. And have fun :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:47 am

You rich folk w/ yer fancy live tickets..... :hammering:

:toofunny:
Im just jealous :smile:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:07 pm

Snafu summed it up pretty good. I'm not sure about Dover, but most tracks allow you to bring in a small cooler (no glass). I would check on it first and see what dimensions are allowed. A good collapsable bag cooler works great. It's alot cheaper and easier packing your on drinks.

Make sure that you get to those souvinere trailers and like the man said get there early.

Lastly, you thought that you were a fan before, just wait to you actually see, feel, hear, and smell those bad boys get fired up. That first green flag lap is absolutely unbelievable. You WILL have chills all over. :thumbsup:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:26 pm

AUGHH!!! i can't wait...I'm giving up a week of duck season for it, but well worth it i'm sure! Me & the wife are planning(hoping) to get to Bristol next year. Kinda hard w/ a 3 year old though. Thanks for the input! I know i will have a blast!(hopin to get on pit road at Dover for LOTS of pics)

Kris

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Bristol rocks...

[siteimg]715[/siteimg]

[siteimg]716[/siteimg]

It don't get any better than that...with fancy live tickets... :getdown:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:25 pm

OOOHHHHH BABY!!!

Non stop action!!! :getdown:

How can ya be a NASCAR fan and not love bristol!

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:55 pm

www.doverspeedway.com

All you want to know. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:40 pm

I want to go to Bristol so bad that it's not even funny.
gahunter
hunter

Tornado at atlanta motor speedway

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:04 pm

I just heard about the tornado that went through Atlanta motor speedway on wednesday.
Hopefully they'll have it ready for the race in october. Atlanta is a great track!

http://sports.chron.com/default.asp?c=c ... 969196.htm

mallardman77
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:38 pm

You can also go to http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/share ... /pic1.html for pictures from the Altanta Journal-Constitution. They're estimating $40 million in damage, but they're saying they plan to be ready to race at the end of October. I sure hope so... I don't want to miss it!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:02 am

i concur with ga, snafu summed it up pretty well. i take a small hibachi grill, a few lounge chairs, cooler full of beer/water/etc., and a canopy is a must. eat before...eat after. don't get in a hurry!

i have been trying to get bristol tickets for 3 years now.... :pissed:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gahunter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:14 pm

The AMS is well under reconstruction and they everything will be ready be the fall race. I heard that security caught a guy stealing a sign and Ed Clark (the owner of AMS) asked if it was bent. When he found out that the sign was bent, he told the man to take 10 more. Those folks are working hard to get that place back in shape. :salude:
gahunter
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:06 pm

[siteimg]845[/siteimg]

Another big win for my man! Way to go Kurt!!! :thumbsup:

It's looking like this years chase is gonna be another good one!! :thumbsup:

Everyone should start posting thier predictions for the 2005 champion. My prediction? See above! :toofunny:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:18 pm

I was just on my way to this post to tell you to shut up. But you beat me in here. I don't think the 97 will get the cup this year. Then again I did not think he will would get it last year. But when he just missed the water barrels after blowing a tire, I was sure he sold his soul to the devil for that cup title. I know one thing...it will not be Gordon this year... :getdown:

I hate to say it, I think it will be the "Bug eyed dummy" (Biffle) this year.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Snafu518 wrote: I hate to say it, I think it will be the "Bug eyed dummy" (Biffle) this year.

HAHAHA!!! My wife would want you castrated if she saw that :laughing:

It's gonna be tough to call it this year. I'm not quite sure Busch can do it again(altough i'd like to see it) The way it's lookin now i'm saying Biffle or Stewart, but i wouldn't count the #48 out either.

Gordon is done this year and the same goes for JR. :thumbsup:

Snafu518 wrote:But when he just missed the water barrels after blowing a tire, I was sure he sold his soul to the devil for that cup title.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do :getdown:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:49 pm

Here is the bug eyed dummy himself

[siteimg]851[/siteimg]

I have his autograph, I will sell it to your wife for your best shotgun.
:mrgreen: And yes I took that pic.
Snaph
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:54 pm

It all depends on who peaks at the right time. I think that Biffle and Johnson might be on the downslide. Stewart is always tough to beat. My man Rusty is looking awfully consistent. I sure would love it he could finish his career with another championship, but it's gonna be tough.
gahunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:04 pm

I would love to see Rusty win it. Hey GA...guess what? My wifes daughter in moving to Atlanta...guess what track we plan to hit next year. We might need a ride to the track, I'll tell ya where to pick us up. :mrgreen:

Mall77 get a real driver.

[siteimg]852[/siteimg]

yes I took that one also..... :getdown:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:30 pm

Snafu518 wrote:Mall77 get a real driver.
:eek:

Like a dagger throught the heart man!

:salude:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:41 pm

So what shotgun are you sending me for Biffles autograph? It would make your wife happy. What is more important?

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:06 pm

:laughing: LOL!!!! :laughing:

What do you think is more important? :yes:

[siteimg]841[/siteimg]

You wouldn't want my "best" shotgun. Thad be like comparing my "ford pinto" to your fancy "caddilac" shotguns :hammering:

:salude:

Kris

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:23 pm

Yeah, my Mossberg 500 "caddy" that I won years ago. Nevermind I see the pic...what is that...a 4/10? Ok, I will trade you dekes for Biffles autograph.
:getdown: It will make your wife happy.

You know I'm kidding right? I will just send you the thing. If I can find it that is.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:35 pm

If you want I can add to the autograph. "Kris...I think your wife is hot and I want her" Greg Biffle. I have my Sharpie ready, let me know.

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:53 pm

I know your kiddin around :thumbsup: , i thought i read on a post that you shot one of them fancy beneli's.

But no deal on the dekes either, i've got too much money invested in them to trade for my wife's happiness!! :laughing:(j/k people!)

BTW, my mossberg is a 12 ga., but it does look like a .410 in that pic

mallardman77
hunter

Next

Return to Sports