NASCAR

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 pm

I have a dog named Dega...but that is as close as I am going to get to it this weekend. I want to go someday...bad.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:43 pm

I wish I could be going there to, but not this year. I'll get there eventually!

Snaph, i'm coming back down for Dover next year(at least i'm pretty sure I am.) Ever think of going back there for a september race? I can show you what being a Canadian is all aboot! :toofunny:

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:20 pm

MM77 I like Dover, But all my efforts are going into Atlanta, and Richmond next year. MM...I don't want to know what it is like to be from Canada...I just want to kill your game :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
Hey, I still have a valid Canada hunting license for the rest of the season.
Hmmmmmmmm. I'd like to get me one of them thar snow geeses...
Snaph
hunter

Postby gahunter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:26 pm

Ordered my Atlanta tix yesterday. We are sitting, as always, in between turn 4 and the start/finish line. It is right at the pit road entrance and you can see the whole track. The seats are great. In the spring, Carl and Jimmy were beating and banging right there in front of us. It was awesome. I cheered and hollered like a mad man when Smiley won, but HW (big 48 fan) left me and went to the car without even speak to me. Regardless, it was an awesome finish and I expect no less in a few weeks. :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:55 pm

Here's some pics from the race at Dover last sunday:

Traffic

on the track

in turn four

start/finish line

Dale & me

Rusty

stands are full

spotters

going green

racin!!

Kurt and Kyle :yes:

me!

wreck

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:24 pm

NICE! That is sooooo cool. Great pics MM :thumbsup: That is awesome when you can walk on the racing surfice. I'm all pumped up now. I see you had a little bird poop on that purple hat you had on..it should wash out with a little miller lite next year. :mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:23 pm

Another wild race at Talladega! I still can't believe the wrecks that Waltrip and Riggs had! :eek: It's amazing that they can wreck that bad and still have a smile on thier face in the interviews afterwards. Gonna be another great run to the championship this year.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:42 pm

That was a good race. And once again Jimmy Johnson blamed somebody else for his screw-up. His "it's never my fault attitude" is why I can't stand him. If you cause a wreak, just say your sorry, own up to it and move on.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:45 pm

:withstupid: It's the same story from him all the time. What a jerk.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 pm

OK...it only took a few days but JJ owned up to the fact that he caused the wreck. I will be fair and give him that much.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Cephous » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 am

It wasn't even close that he thought Dale pushed him. JJ is a moron!
I didn't make it to Talladega but watched it and was PO'ed at what Rusty said after the race. Go ahead and retire....who needs you anyway?!?
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:48 pm

AHHHHHH...NASCAR even more PC...

NEW YORK (AP) -- NASCAR CEO Brian France doesn't like fans flying Confederate flags at races as he tries to make auto racing more appealing to minorities and women.

"It's not a flag that I look at with anything favorable. That's for sure,'' he said in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes to be aired Sunday. "I can't tell people what flag to fly. I can tell you the flag we get behind: It's the American flag.''

France is trying to broaden auto racing's appeal with minorities in places like Los Angeles, where France moved the important Labor Day NASCAR event last year, and New York, soon to have a track.

"(Reaching out to minorities) is something I work on every day. I work on it personally,'' France said.

Among those efforts France counts running a NASCAR event in Mexico and establishing a training program for female and minority drivers. And he doesn't believe the racial stereotypes associated with the Confederate flag will affect NASCAR.

"I think it's a fading image,'' France said.

This is stupid. You are never going to go to a track down south and not see the confederate flag. Hell you see it in the north. Then again, maybe it is NASCAR's plan move all the racing into hippy, liberal, feel good markets and leave the "good ole boys" behind. This has nothing to do with skin color or female race fans. When I see a confederate flag I don't see racism. I see the heritage of the south, nothing more. I won't speak for you southern boys, you can speak for yourselves. This is dumb. Keep it going Brian...keep giving everybody a collective back rub and leave the base of NASCAR behind. See what you have in the end. Jerk.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:00 pm

I happened to see quite a few confederate flags being flown at the race in Dover. How long until the beer and liquor sponsors are shunned away from the sport? Not a good direction Mr. France is stepping towards. It's Pretty obvious what's happening. Rockingham has lost it's races and Darlington is down to 1 race a yeaar now (i can't remember off hand right now if this one is true). But thats what happens with progress i guess. :thumbsdown:

Now, PLEASE tell me if this link works alright, video and sound. Something wrong with my sound card so I don't know if it works or not. I found this site while surfing that allows me to host video, so let me know if it works please. Some video I shot at Dover with my digital camera.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/4895

Last edited by mallardman77 on Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:06 pm

Yep it works just fine...nice...real nice. I think you were sitting just about where I was when I went to dover. OK...I gotta go set up for evening hunting...
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:28 pm

One more video from Dover:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/4903

Did I miss anything exciting in the race today? Did not get to see 1 lap of it, so I have no idea what happened.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:53 pm

MM77 you didn't see the race? Man you missed it. It showed Kurt Busch kissing his boyfriend right before he got in his car. It was gross. Kurt was talking about gay pride rallies and pink jumpsuits and everything. I guess PETA is going to sponsor his car next week also. He said he hates people from Canada also. :thumbsdown:

Next time you miss a race, let me know...I'll tell ya all about it. :mrgreen:

You did not miss much, it was boring. Good to see Mark Martin win, but that was about it.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:27 am

Charlotte, NC (FP)

A confidential NASCAR insider has gone on record stating the identity of defending NASCAR Nextel Cup champion Kurt Bush's mystery gay lover, and it is none other than the driver of the number 29 Richard Childress Racing chevrolet, Kevin Harvick. When approached for an interview shortly following the finish of the Banquet 400 in Kansas, Harvick confirmed the allegation. " I've had these feelings for a long time, to long to keep inside anymore, I just can't help it. I love men!" he stated in a brief comment. Bush's story on the other hand, was a little different. " Kevin came up to me one day and started telling me how much he idolized me as a driver and that my driving skills are far superior to his."he said. " After about 15 minutes, he(Harvick) offered me $5 million to help with his 'coming out'. I just figured 1 kiss with a dude on national television for 5 mill? Why not, he was crying and whimpering like a dog, it was so pathetic, I had to help him." There have been no other comments from other drivers or crews in this matter, but speculation has risen that with Harvick's announcement there will be a press conference from the Hendrick organisation shortly concerning drivers Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
:yes:

I really hope none of you take this seriously or to heart, i'm just bored and returning the favor. Snaph,that was a funny post, you kill me sometimes! :laughing:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...MM77 that was great. :thumbsup: Good job!
Well, at least you finally admited that Kurt is a bisexual male prostitute. :mrgreen:

That is some good trash talking from a Canandaien...Canadadaduhien...
Canada...dude. :smile:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm

Ahhh, Martinsville. I like this track almost as much as Bristol. Lots of bumpin and rubbin!! I'm not liking the fact that it was this time last year that Johnson made a huge charge in the championship. I'm really starting to think that it's his year to take it but I'm not counting "smoke" out either. 5 races to go, I think were gonna see some really awsome racing from here on in.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:07 am

We're goin' to Atlanta this weekend! Woohoo!

Snaph, you jealous??? Get some tickets, and come hang out with us in the spring!

:getdown:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:00 pm

Of course i'm jealous. We are going to hit one of the races there next year. The weather in the spring concerns me though. And waiting till the end of Oct is way too long to hit a race. Either way I will be adding a Atlanta Motor Speedway coozie to my collection. If worst comes to worst we can drink beer and tailgate. Your gunna have to bring the grill, we will be flying down.
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:31 pm

Grill? What grill? Large appliances might get in the way of the beer!

Either way, we are expecting you (and the wife if she's interested) next year!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:51 pm

Have a blast you two, have a cold one (or 2 :mrgreen: ) for me!

Don't forget your camera!

BTW, how'd they make out with all the repairs at the track?

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:38 pm

MM77 it will be us four. HW...she would make some guys cry about how much she knows about NASCAR. She is a NASCAR junkie just like I am.
It's all good. When are the peacans...pacons, pecons ready? I love the roadside stands down there.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:19 pm

Snaph wrote:MM77 it will be us four.

Kinda lost me on that one bud. Your talkin next year right? (that's what i'm thinking). Anyways, just to clarify, GA and HW, have fun this weekend!! :mrgreen:

mallardman77
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports