NASCAR

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:29 pm

A Benelli? I would never take something like that into a swamp. I have about 8000 mottos and one of them is: don't sink what you can't afford to replace. Not only that, I spend all my money on NASCAR races. It's the only thing I know about anyway. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:09 pm

Just to throw my .02 in (about the Championship, not the shotguns, topic hijackers!), I think that Johnson has the chops to win the whole thing this year. But I wouldn't count Rusty out, or Martin for that matter. I love #48, but I sure would like to see ol' Rusty go out on top!

Greg Biffle is a goofy bast... man, and Kurt Busch has the personality of the Rubbermaid containers who sponsor him. His championship last year was a fluke and one of the reasons why I hate this new points system. I did like Biffle's commercial where he sprayed soda all over his crew chief though.

:yes:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Come on now. You live in the South now and we don't call anything "soda". It's coke! You know that. I guess you are a little out of pocket up in RI, though.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:47 pm

It's not "soda" it's not "coke"....it is called "pop." GA...start a poll in the HH. :smile: Anyway, rumor has it JJ is going to start sand bagging to help the 24 get into the chace. I guess if I drove the 48, I would try and help my wife out also. :mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:27 pm

Snafu518 wrote: I guess if I drove the 48, I would try and help my wife out also. :mrgreen:
:yes:

HW, i agree with you that the only reason Kurt won the championship last year was because of the new format, but ya gotta admit that it was damn exciting right down to the last lap at Homestead. I'd take that kind of action over the runaway champion of the year before. Just my $0.02

:salude:

52 days till Dover!!!
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:35 pm

38 days till Richmond...... :yes:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:55 pm

Snafu518 wrote:38 days till Richmond...... :yes:

You lucky P@#$K!!! :yes:
Richmond would be kick ***!!
I heard that Richmond sells something like 94% of the seats right after the race the year before. How'd you get tix Snafu? Hope you take lots of pics to post up here, cause i'm gonna! :mrgreen:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:28 pm

I have a wife at home that knows what she is doing. We know when to call/e-mail/buy tickets from Richmond. Sadly, this will be my 3rd and last race of the season I will be going to. Oh...I will have pics.
Snaph
hunter

Postby gahunter » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:28 pm

snafu you are right on the money about the 48 and 24 :yes:
gahunter
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:05 pm

gahunter wrote:snafu you are right on the money about the 48 and 24 :yes:

Pfffffttt (Sounds of me sticking my tongue out at all of you from Rhode Island)! We'll see who has the last laugh... and I can tell you right now, it ain't gonna be McMurray (and as much as I would like him to, I don't think it will be Rusty either).

:cool: :salude:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:25 pm

I agree, it ain't gonna be McMurray and who gives a crap if he does or doesn't. :laughing: I sure don't. Were you maybe meaning Carl Edwards?
gahunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:38 pm

I want to pick "smoke" to win it all this year. He is on fire, and I don't see any firefighters around to put him out. I might change this halfway thru the homestead race depending who is doing better. :mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:26 pm

gahunter wrote:I agree, it ain't gonna be McMurray and who gives a crap if he does or doesn't. :laughing: I sure don't. Were you maybe meaning Carl Edwards?

I know you don't care, but you're not the only one on this forum, are ya???

:umm:

No, I did not mean Carl Edwards, but thanks soooo much for bringing up his stupid name!

:pissed:

Snafu518 wrote:I want to pick "smoke" to win it all this year. He is on fire, and I don't see any firefighters around to put him out. I might change this halfway thru the homestead race depending who is doing better.

Flip flopper! :hammering:

GO JIMMIE!!!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:00 pm

Doggone right I'm flip flopping. Where there is smoke there is fire. I'm not sure I even like Stewart, I'm still :pissed: at him for stepping on my foot at Michigan. Boy Jimmy got his world rocked today. That was a hellofa shot he took.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:09 pm

Way to go Tony!! He is definately a man on a mission. If he can stay on fire like he is now, he's gonna be really tough to beat!

What a lick the 48 took today, really shook him up. It's o.k. though i'm sure the 24 is making all his pain go away right about now :toofunny:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:14 pm

MM77, are you saying that the 24 is kissing the 48's boo-boo's?

:getdown: I hope JJ is ok...but you have to make fun of it. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:21 pm

Snafu518 wrote:MM77, are you saying that the 24 is kissing the 48's boo-boo's?

:getdown: I hope JJ is ok...but you have to make fun of it. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, i'd never wish any one of those guys to rack up thier cars or themselves, I just couldn't help myself :mrgreen:

JJ was flown to the hospital treated and released.

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:55 pm

I did not get you wrong, I know what you are saying. I don't want to see anybody get hurt. In the wall and :pissed: sure. Never hurt. Ever. I found a pic of your hero, Kurt Busch right before an accident...

[siteimg]884[/siteimg]

AHHHHH the wall.....

Anybody that says they never cheer when a driver they don't like gets wreaked out of a race, pukes an engine, has a tire go down, is a liar. As long as they are OK that is.
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:04 am

Snafu518 wrote:Anybody that says they never cheer when a driver they don't like gets wreaked out of a race, pukes an engine, has a tire go down, is a liar. As long as they are OK that is.

Yer darn right, Snaf! Although I have to say there was a wreck involving Ryan Newman a couple years ago (who Ga loves and I root against just to bust his chops) flipped over about a million times and went completely airborne, I think at Talladega maybe. He walked away from it, but that wreck scared me so badly I stopped rooting for the #12 to wreck!

But on that same note, it :pissed: me to no end when they haul the #24 away on a wrecker and as they make the lap to pit road, everyone cheers like they're witnessing #15 pleasure #8 right there on the track! Ooh, I hate those Junior fans!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:31 pm

Leffler is gone, gone, gone! And JGR's go to man for some of the races left this year, starting this weekend..... He is a fellow hunter and fisherman. Two time champ. Gets crap cars from his owner.

[siteimg]944[/siteimg]

Thats right Texas Terry. A mans man. The ICEMAN.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

JJ Yealey and somebody else will share seat time with Terry.
I would love to see him win in that car just to give hendrick a silent middle finger. Even if that finger is only in my own mind.
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Snafu518 wrote:I would love to see him win in that car just to give hendrick a silent middle finger. Even if that finger is only in my own mind.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, good buddy!

Like I said before,

GO JIMMIE!!!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:33 pm

Be honest. You would love to see Terry win again.

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:19 pm

I don't know if you guys caught this. Kurt Busch just signed with Penski for 2007, and wants released for 2006. MM77, don't buy anything with a 97 on it. I have about 15 ball caps with a "5" on them that I can't ware anymore. How do you Rusty fans feel about the thought of Kurt in the number 2 car?
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:59 pm

I just caught the news now...never seen that coming. Wonder what happened between Rouch Racing and Kurt? Obviously he's not leaving on good terms if he wants out of his contract for '06.

On another note, fellow Canadian and past CHAMP car champion Paul Tracy will be testing and then qualifiing at MIS for the GFS Marketplace 400
in RCR's #33 car. :thumbsup:

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:08 pm

If I had to guess about Kurt, I would say there are too many roosters in Jacks hen house. Sounds like Roush did not put up too big of a fight trying to keep him. Kennseth ain't happy either. Now, who fills the seats of the 17 and 97 when the time comes? Thats cool about Paul Tracy, I wonder if that 33 will have the BPS sponsorship on it.
Snaph
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports