Soccer Fans?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Soccer Fans?

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 am

Is there anybody keeping up with either Euro or national soccer?
just wondering, im a diehard fan.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby hillman raider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 am

Ive been watching the euro. I was happy to see France lose to Italy :biggrin: Netherlands seem to be doin hot. Who would you like to see win the whole thing?

Eric
hillman raider
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm kind of leaning towards portugal (ronaldo fan), but I'm happy as long as Italy doesnt win ...I HATE Italy.
I've been impressed by the US lately in their national games, I'm ready for world cup.
Last edited by Greenhead Grappler on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Dont tell me you guys like soccer...Why dont you forget about that and focus on a real sport.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm

a real sport like what? golf? baseball? soccer is the most popular sport in the world. lol. it's more of a "sport" than any other sport.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 pm

SPAIN all the way, Fabregas is going to lead them!

anyone watch club ball, arsenal, man u, liverpool or real madrid??? anybody??
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:38 pm

DuckSlyer16 wrote:anyone watch club ball, arsenal, man u, liverpool or real madrid??? anybody??

I usually try to keep up with manchester. i've been busy this year and didnt see much though.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Im all aresenal
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:06 pm

Golf...also not a real sport.
Your defense for liking soccer is because it is the most popular sport in the world? Well Islam is the most popular religion in the world, you gonna run out and buy yourself a turban now?

Im just messin' with you man. If you like soccer, more power to you.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm

:lol: ok, what's your sport? what do you think a sport is? i enjoy football. it's a great sport. basketball, im not crazy about it, but it's a good sport.
baseball, i played it for years and got bored. it's one step above golf.
i just would like to know why soccer is Not a real sport?
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:51 pm

ya, soccer players run so much more than any sport that is not based off of running, like track which is really boring
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:40 am

Its all baseball for me. It is true that you run much much more in soccer than probably any other sport, but picking a sport based on the amount of running involved doesnt make sense to me.

I cant stand soccer and I cant understand how anyone enjoys it. Why would I want to watch a soccer game when they play for 90 minutes and are lucky if they score once? You would think that when they invented the game they would have realized that it was so boring and just let it die. But there must be something about it cause millions of people cant be wrong right? Sure.

Lemmings.

And football is not bad. I like college more than NFL
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:26 am

Botiz630 wrote:Its all baseball for me. It is true that you run much much more in soccer than probably any other sport, but picking a sport based on the amount of running involved doesnt make sense to me.

I cant stand soccer and I cant understand how anyone enjoys it. Why would I want to watch a soccer game when they play for 90 minutes and are lucky if they score once? You would think that when they invented the game they would have realized that it was so boring and just let it die. But there must be something about it cause millions of people cant be wrong right? Sure.

Lemmings.

And football is not bad. I like college more than NFL

I understand that its not for everyone. but soccer takes a certain skill. you have to have finess and in a split second be able to run somebody over. every other sport is a spinoff of soccer.

i've played soccer for seven years and i have a long way to go. oh, if we're gonna talk about scores, baseball is not the example to use. they score about as much as soccer does! and even football! if we counted each goal as 6 points that score would be the same.
the funniest thing to me was when the baseball team at my highschool (who go to state every other year) would bash the soccer team. like we were not on the same level as them, but they would never play with us. they might have gotten hurt. :rolleyes: the football team loved it. they practiced with us all the time. (even though they were not that good :huh: ) but im no football player. but im a college fan.

i like other sports and i play them, but i dont think someone should bash a sport they've never tried or even understand. like you said, it has millions of players and fans, there's a reason people like it. give it a try, and i promise you'll be hooked.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby hillman raider » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 am

I like soccer for the very reason someone might not score. I enjoy that both teams posses such skill that its either pure luck or a great shot if they do score. Soccer takes alot of skill and when someone finally scores the crowd goes bananas.
hillman raider
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 am

the football team really played with you?? ours wont even look are way, but that is because we pratice 3 miles away, so...but they bash us all the time.

ahhh speaking of soccer I have a game tonight!!! execpt my team is really good so we have to drive three hours away to play a another good team, so the entire night is consumed by soccer.
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

yep, in fact we've converted a few players from the football and even one from the baseball team.

our next game is monday.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:31 am

are you in club ball or school ball??
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:57 am

DuckSlyer16 wrote:are you in club ball or school ball??

club, it's an indoor men's league
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Oh, dont get me wrong, I have had my fair share of soccer. My younger brother was an All-Stater and Player of the Year for his division when he was in high school, and now he plays at the University of Dayton, an NCAA DIV I school in southern Ohio. Ever since he could walk, its been nothing but soccer around my house. Well all sports really, we play them all. I have been to more soccer games then alot of people, even used to play when I was younger. Maybe I got too much of it. But like you said, to each his own. We could sit here and argue the merits of our favorite sport all day. Lets just agree to disagree. :thumbsup:
Good luck with your game on monday. You better win!
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 pm

lol. agreed
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:19 pm

yay, a smart guy right there :lol:

Botiz where you from??

we won are game 4-1 if anyone cares, and now we get another game tomarrow which since I got back so late, would be today!
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:19 pm

nevermind where your from, i just read it
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:27 am

Veber Deutchland!!!.Soccers great to watch.I diddent pick it up as a kid we played baseball all the time,That diddent make my grandpop to happy,he played on the German national team before comming to America in the early 20s,he then started his own league here in the US.I remember having to hold the UHF antenna when I was a kid so he could watch the games.
The US got SCREWED the last 2 world cups with the officiating.That hand block in japan against the Germans and the BS penalties against Italy in Germany was complete BS.The powers that be wont let the Americans win at their sport.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Return to Sports