Tom Brady Gettin Hurt.....Good or Bad for football???

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Tom Brady Getting Hurt Good Or Bad For Football

Good
37%
Bad
41%
Dont Really Care
22%

Total votes : 27

Tom Brady Gettin Hurt.....Good or Bad for football???

Postby CallinForTheFall » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:17 pm

I think it is a good thing because finally we get to see some other teams step up and stop hearing about brady and moss.
I should be a banker because im reall good at stackin the bills.
CallinForTheFall
hunter

Postby HoCoHunter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:40 pm

I can't stand the pats, I am not necessarily happy he got hurt but I am also tired of hearing about those guys.
HoCoHunter
Forum Moderator

Postby HotDog » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:47 am

You've got to admit that Cassell stepped up and did a nice job.
Kind of like how Brady got the job from Bledsoe.

And Cassell to Moss sounds (and looks) good, too!

I'm for seeing new blood, not neccessarily by someone getting hurt.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:49 am

I dont think it is necessarily a good or a bad thing. it just makes things a little more interesting. the rest of the pats are gonna have to step it up and other teams have an opportunity to make a splash that they should take advantage of
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:12 am

I'm from Pittsburgh, guess how I feel?

Cheaters never prosper. I hope it takes the whole area down a notch.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Cassel did okay after taking over from Brady in the opener and he performed adequately against the Jets,enough for the Patriots to be 2-0.
To listen to Jets fans the Pats were headed for a massive defeat at the hands of Brett Favre and co.There is a reason that Belichick kept him on the roster for the last few years,not that he's fantastic,but he's trainable.
When Lawyer Molloy left everyone asked"who's going to take his place?"Answer,Rodney Harrison.
When Ty Law left it was Assante Samuel that picked up the slack.
Now that Assante is gone it makes room for someone else.
Bledsoe had his fans and lots of them dissed Belichick and claimed that the Pats were doomed because Brady was just lucky,they also were certain Buffalo would dominate with Drew.Turns out Drew Bledsoe's biggest talent was turning back ups(Brady,Losman,Romo) into starters.
Belichick did misjudge the whole taping episode but if anyone thinks he is alone in such matters you are a bit naive.Check out Jimmy Johnson's statement in relation to taping signals long before "spygate".Note that no one is shrieking about it or demanding his superbowls wins be given an asterisk.
Now that the league has finally smartened up and allowed the defense to send in signals just as the offense has done for years,the whole issue is no longer viable.This should have been done from the start.
Love him or hate him you have to give credit where its due,Bill Belichick is a very formidable football coach and it isn't smart to count him out due to any one player or situation.
The Pats have a solid team,wether or not that come through with a winning season remains to be seen but don't bet the farm on thier demise just yet.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bambam » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:35 pm

i agree with CallinForTheFall Brady getting hurt just awesome. we finally get to hear about other football players and how they finally get their deserved credit. i am just sick and tired of hearing about the pats and brady. i just wish that they will stop talking about when brady has his surgery and how long he will be out and every other little problem he has. he is hurt. we get it. he wont be back till next season at the earliest. we get it. now stop talking about him and lets play some football.
bambam
hunter

Postby DirtMover » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 am

HoCoHunter wrote:I can't stand the pats, I am not necessarily happy he got hurt but I am also tired of hearing about those guys.

+1
DirtMover
hunter

Re: Tom Brady Gettin Hurt.....Good or Bad for football???

Postby CaliDukks » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 pm

CallinForTheFall wrote:I think it is a good thing because finally we get to see some other teams step up and stop hearing about brady and moss.

Honestly, I hate Tom Brady. I'm a raiders fan. (yes there are some left.) I hate Tom Brady and the way he complains about everything. If theres one thing the Cheifs did right this year, it was hurting him. Ever Since the "Snowbowl" back in the 02' playoffs I've had an extreme dislike for him
"Love God, and hunt ducks. And let the chips fall where they may."---Phil Robertson

Proud Contributor to the Sportsmens Legacy Foundation
CaliDukks
hunter

Postby JoeP » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Cassel doesnt look to bad does he boys? GO PATS!! :thumbsup:
And to answer the question- No, I dont think it is a good thing
when someone gets injured unless he is on a New York team. :thumbsup:
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby DeadEye81 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Ok...this posting is for some of you, but not all. I assume that since this is a hunting chat room, most of you would consider yourselves to be true sportsmen, right?

My definition of a "true sportsman" is someone who respects all that deals with the challenges, sacrifices, and amount of competition that surrounds sports (hunting, fishing, athletic sports---all the same).

When I hear about "sportsmen" talking that they are happy that a living legend like Tom Brady is hurt for the season, because they are tired of hearing about him or his achievements is smug, immature, and a sign of true jealousy. If you think ESPN and the football announcers talk too much about Tom Brady, you must be away from the television when Peyton Manning and Brett Favre are getting the proverbial "hj's and bj's" from guys like Al Michaels and John Madden.

I think people are jealous of Tom and his achievements in the NFL because he has a super model girlfriend, or does adds in Men's magazines, or rose from a late round draft pick to help the Patriots win not one, but 3 super bowls. Call me a homer if you want (my aunt lives in Foxboro, MA and has held season tickets for over 12 years), but people always talk about Brady/Patriots and Karma in the same sentence. Isn't wishing someone to get hurt, bad Karma? It is pathetic that sports brings so many hippocrates out of their parent's basements. Being a Pats fan, I should hate guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning, but you know what? I love watching those guys play and win because I feel fortunate to see living legends playing in their primes. Jealousy is bad sickness, but ingorance is an incurrable, and terminal illness.
There are two kinds of people with guns...those who live to just shoot & those who shoot to live! ~Eat what you shoot or don't shoot at all!~
DeadEye81
hunter

Postby JoeP » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Brilliant! Well spoken DeadEye81 :thumbsup:
And again go PATS!
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby DeadEye81 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:16 pm

BTW: Heralded ex-patriot kicker Adam Vinatieri and I played against each other in high school...we were cross state rivals; him at RC Central and me at Ab. Central. The man may have made some hall of fame kicks, but he's the one with an ego...not Tom.

Also, Matt Chatham (backup linebacker during the 3 super bowls; nailed the streaker in the Carolina/New England super bowl...grew up 3 hours from where I live..met his parents (nice).

If you hate Tom Brady for being successful...do you also hate guys that are fortunate enough to shoot ducks or geese that are banded? Same thing...look a little deeper.
There are two kinds of people with guns...those who live to just shoot & those who shoot to live! ~Eat what you shoot or don't shoot at all!~
DeadEye81
hunter

Return to Sports