GO Oregon State Beavers!!!

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby duckschooler » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:30 pm

I like Missouri or Oklahoma's chances it will all come down to the Big twelve championship. That is if Mizzou can beat my boys the 'Hawks in the border showdown
duckschooler
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 pm

you guys are all crazy! USC is still the best team in the nation. mark sanchez just doesnt know how to get it done in the clutch! we had 4:00 left in the 4th quarter and we were charging down the field until he made that horrible throw for an INT which OSU ran back to the 2 yard line!!! and we definetly didnt mix it up enough with the run game either! if we would have run more with our 3 main backs we could have created mismatches in the passing game by confusing the DEF. with play action passes! we will still go all the way and win it all!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see USC Play in the SEC for a season and see how they end up come the end of the season....8-4, maybe 9-3. They lost to an UNRANKED Oregan State team!!! And got man handled!! At one point, the SEC had 5 teams in the top 10! And alot of them are better than USC, the media darling.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby BLACKJACK225 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:16 am

I always love to see USC go down.

How about Michigan taking down Wisc. in the big house!!!!!!!!!
BLACKJACK225
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 pm

MO Waterfowl wrote:All I have to say is
Image[/url]

:no: :no: go big red :yes: :eek: :biggrin:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:06 pm

GADKHNTR wrote:There's no sense arguing with someone whose name is gadwall getter but has a wigeon for an avatar

if you were on here more often youde find out that i had a gadwall avatar forever!! which is why i switched to a different species.
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
you guys are all crazy! USC is still the best team in the nation. mark sanchez just doesnt know how to get it done in the clutch! we had 4:00 left in the 4th quarter and we were charging down the field until he made that horrible throw for an INT which OSU ran back to the 2 yard line!!! and we definetly didnt mix it up enough with the run game either! if we would have run more with our 3 main backs we could have created mismatches in the passing game by confusing the DEF. with play action passes! we will still go all the way and win it all!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see USC Play in the SEC for a season and see how they end up come the end of the season....8-4, maybe 9-3. They lost to an UNRANKED Oregan State team!!! And got man handled!! At one point, the SEC had 5 teams in the top 10! And alot of them are better than USC, the media darling.

ive heard way too many people say this to me and all i can do is laugh and say who's won not 1 but 2 national championships in the last 5 years? thats right USC!! and if your precious SEC teams were so good how come they weren't able to do that?
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby David » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm

gadwall getter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ive heard way too many people say this to me and all i can do is laugh and say who's won not 1 but 2 national championships in the last 5 years? thats right USC!! and if your precious SEC teams were so good how come they weren't able to do that?

:huh: Umm, they did. LSU won 2003 and 2007. And Florida won in 2006. That makes the SEC 3 out of the last 5 winners.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby njonesy_07 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Ouch. Thats gotta hurt^. But seriously, I hate USC! Especially Pete Carrol
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:09 pm

David wrote:
gadwall getter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

:huh: Umm, they did. LSU won 2003 and 2007. And Florida won in 2006. That makes the SEC 3 out of the last 5 winners.

If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:13 pm

David wrote:
gadwall getter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

technically you are incorrect because in 2003 USC shared the title with LSU and then they won in 2004 as well. which means 2 for USC and 2 for LSU with their championship reigns in 2003 (shared with USC) and 2007 so the last 5 years goes like this USC=2,LSU=2, FLORIDA=1 also history shows that USC has produced more players in the NFL with miami shortly behind them. i know my football team! :biggrin:
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:13 pm

GO DUCKS!
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby David » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 pm

gadwall getter wrote:
David wrote:
gadwall getter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

technically you are incorrect because in 2003 USC shared the title with LSU and then they won in 2004 as well. which means 2 for USC and 2 for LSU with their championship reigns in 2003 (shared with USC) and 2007 so the last 5 years goes like this USC=2,LSU=2, FLORIDA=1 also history shows that USC has produced more players in the NFL with miami shortly behind them. i know my football team! :biggrin:

Technically I'm using the same logic as you. You asked which SEC team could do like USC and win 2 championships, by your own logic, LSU did. And there is no debating that Florida won, so it's still 3 SEC champions in the last 5 year. Now let's wait and see, maybe an SEC team will win it again this year.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby gadwall getter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:02 pm

im probably opening a whole new can of beans by saying this but USC still has a chance to go to the national championship. the only ranked opponent they have left on their schedule is the ducks. and with the loss they got so early in the season they could win the rest of their games and they will make it to the "ship"
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby 13ways » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Definately, a team with one loss to an unranked team already, and with only one ranked opponet remaining should be the national champion. Makes sense to me. I agree with the "bring USC to the SEC for a season" theory.
Duck hunting gets me wet!
13ways
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 pm

gadwall getter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

The only reason is because there wasn't and SEC team in the championship game. It's so obivious that the media rides USC's........(explicit content)
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby BullCajun » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

USC lost to the BEAVERS! Enough said! Gadwall getter I admire your misdirected passion for your team but you are sadly mistaken thinking they'll get anywhere near the national championship. In 2003 there was only "one" BCS champ, LSU. Just because Pete Carroll says they should share, doesn't make it so, You can't "share a BCS title. They stank last year and they stink again. Way over-rated. SEC in the title game
BullCajun
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:45 pm

I'll just be glad if my team gets 9 wins (OK State). It would be nice if they could beat Texas or Mizzou, and really amazing if they beat OU. If OU can avoid upsets during the regular season then I think they have a great chance of winning the national championship. I'm not really a fan of them, but I think they're starting to get tired of losing to mediocre opponents every season and important bowl games, and they are coming into this season with a chip on their shoulder. Mizzou has a shot too, but I don't think their defense can get the job done against a top 5 opponent.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Ummm? LSU!! We got two big Crystal Balls to prove it. And that's the only trophy that counts! So I guess it's true that Les Miles does have two big balls!! We'll take USC anytime, Anywhere, Any Field!! We will Dominate them! Just like we did to Oklahoma and Ohio!! I want a match up to shut them up once and for all. But since USC dropped in the polls, It don't look like it will be this year!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby gadwall getter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:01 pm

BullCajun wrote:USC lost to the BEAVERS! Enough said! Gadwall getter I admire your misdirected passion for your team but you are sadly mistaken thinking they'll get anywhere near the national championship. In 2003 there was only "one" BCS champ, LSU. Just because Pete Carroll says they should share, doesn't make it so, You can't "share a BCS title. They stank last year and they stink again. Way over-rated. SEC in the title game

you just made yourself sound really dumb! USC won the title by defeating jason white and the sooners back in 03. the sooners at the time were #1 which put USC at #1 and they shared the title with NOT #1 LSU!!! so tell me how fair that is my friend? go ahead! ill be waiting for a reply!
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Ummm? LSU!! We got two big Crystal Balls to prove it. And that's the only trophy that counts! So I guess it's true that Les Miles does have two big balls!! We'll take USC anytime, Anywhere, Any Field!! We will Dominate them! Just like we did to Oklahoma and Ohio!! I want a match up to shut them up once and for all. But since USC dropped in the polls, It don't look like it will be this year!

actually you only have 1 1/2 balls in the last 5 years. as does USC cuz the title was shared between the 2 in 2003 which me any my best friend bull cajun are conversating about. and by the way, we shared the title in 03 with you guys by beating oklahoma and we beat ohio state just a couple weeks ago 35-3 so please, keep talking trash i dont need trash talk to back up 9 national championships and 7 heisman winners!!!! to compare to your 4 national championships!!
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby BullCajun » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Gadwall You are an idiot. Only one team can hold the BCS in 03 it was LSU. Grow up boy.
BullCajun
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:37 pm

BullCajun wrote:Gadwall You are an idiot. Only one team can hold the BCS in 03 it was LSU. Grow up boy.

shut your mouth and show me some proof loser! heres my proof! use your brain (if you have one) and scroll down to list of champions to 2003 both USC and LSU are bold meaning they shared the title moron!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Divis ... ampionship
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby 13ways » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 pm

No Gadwall, There's only one crystal ball given out each year, in 2003 it was given to LSU. Calling people moron will not change that fact.
Duck hunting gets me wet!
13ways
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:48 pm

i know the ball was given to LSU. but what im saying is that USC was #1 at the end of the 2003 season so how does that make LSU the champs??? doesnt make sense to me! :no:
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:49 pm

this whole topic will be settled when USC wins the national championship this year!
gadwall getter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports