Obama on ESPN

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Obama on ESPN

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Anybody see where Obama said on ESPN that he was in favor of a college football playoff?

“I think it is about time that we had playoffs in college football,” Obama said Monday on ESPN. “I’m fed up with these computer rankings and this and that and the other. Get eight teams – the top eight teams right at the end. You got a playoff. Decide on a national champion.”

I'm just happy i finally found something that i agree with the man on!
TNmatt83
hunter

Re: Obama on ESPN

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:43 pm

TNmatt83 wrote:Anybody see where Obama said on ESPN that he was in favor of a college football playoff?

“I think it is about time that we had playoffs in college football,” Obama said Monday on ESPN. “I’m fed up with these computer rankings and this and that and the other. Get eight teams – the top eight teams right at the end. You got a playoff. Decide on a national champion.”

I'm just happy i finally found something that i agree with the man on!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unfortunately, it may take an act of congress to get them to do this. You would figure that after Ohio State went two years running and got their buts kicked both times, they would sit back, look at it, and change something, but apparently not.

Nobody understands the system, and asking teams to go undefeated the entire season is ridiculous.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby David » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm

I worry about the extra games on college students, but if we got rid of the conference playoffs, it would only add one more game to the season. Also we could have several SEC teams in the playoffs :yes:
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby TNmatt83 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Also we could have several SEC teams in the playoffs

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Even with the current bowl system, I think every Conference should have a mandatory Conference Championship.

I would like to see more SEC, Big 12, any conferences teams in there. I just hate getting to the end of the year thinking, wow, were they really the best.

Top 8 wouldn't cause too much stress on the players. They could take a week or two off in between regular season and post season if needed. We couldn't possible drag it out any longer than the bowl games do.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:13 pm

yea finally he says somehting that makes some sense.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby gadwall getter » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:55 pm

David wrote:Also we could have several SEC teams in the playoffs :yes:

.....and then watch USC tear them apart one by one! :biggrin:
DUCKS ARE GOOD EATS. EAT WHAT YOU KILL.
gadwall getter
hunter

Postby gosgirl » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:09 pm

I would like to see more SEC, Big 12, any conferences teams in there. I just hate getting to the end of the year thinking.

Postby gaduckhunter33 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:08 am

i am sure the players would love to play the other games than practicing for a month after the season is over waiting on there bowl game. the playoff would be great and you would have a true winner then no if and or buts about it. i wish they would switch to a playoff that would make college football so much better than it already is
gaduckhunter33
hunter

Return to Sports