NHL on OLN!

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

NHL on OLN!

Postby ACEBLDRS » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:57 pm

Great, now when they arn't showin bike riding or frikin bull riding they are going to start airing NHL games. I don't know why they even try to show hunting shows. They squeez in DU monday at 9a.m or something and again on the weekend, when i always forget to watch it.

Oh well. finally signed up for my Tivo subscription. I have had the box since x mas, just havn't paid the $12 a month for it. I'm lazy i guess.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby vikingsfan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:45 pm

I could care less for bike riding or hockey. I have tivo and have about 3 episodes of the new season of DU recorded along with about 5 FA and other various hunting shows.
vikingsfan
hunter

Re: NHL on OLN!

Postby birdshooter » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:28 pm

ACEBLDRS wrote:Great, now when they arn't showin bike riding or frikin bull riding they are going to start airing NHL games. I don't know why they even try to show hunting shows. They squeez in DU monday at 9a.m or something and again on the weekend, when i always forget to watch it.

Oh well. finally signed up for my Tivo subscription. I have had the box since x mas, just havn't paid the $12 a month for it. I'm lazy i guess.

I here yah. Used to be OLN had quite a bit of outdoor shows, now it seems like 24/7 Bull Riding. Not Trying to knock the bull riding fans but how about just a little more variety on weekends especially, Yah think...... If I watch any hunting or fishing shows these days it's usually Outdoor channel.
Last edited by birdshooter on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
birdshooter
hunter

Postby texan68 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:29 pm

:withstupid:
texan68
hunter

Postby Dogman » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:01 pm

Lets not leave out the Sportsmans Channel,all hunting all fishing all the time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ACEBLDRS » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Dogman wrote:Lets not leave out the Sportsmans Channel,all hunting all fishing all the time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't get the sportsman channel. I like outdoor network. A little to much fishing for me. I can only handle watching guys jig for walleye in the frikin cold great lake so much.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Gatman » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:42 pm

You should check out the Men"s channel on dish network. It is located near the home shopping channels that my wife makes me watch. I don't have far to flip the channels when she leaves the room. :getdown: :thumbsup:
Gatman
hunter

Postby birdshooter » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:20 pm

Dogman wrote:Lets not leave out the Sportsmans Channel,all hunting all fishing all the time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you get that through dish Network or is that a cable only thing?
birdshooter
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:23 pm

Yes I was gonna say the mens channel too and Outdoor Life pretty decent programing. Tnn use to be Very good back in the day before they sold out to SPIKE TV now it like a 24-7 startrk crap.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:31 am

I love hockey..it's my favorite sport.

Thanks to Gary Bettman and the NHL for leaving (read: gettting cancled by) ESPN and moving your sport to a service only received by a small percentage of people who subscribe to comcast cable. for us dish owners, most of us are all very excited about having to upgrade our current sercive to a more expensive package so we can watch your sport.

Imagine. not only did you take away an entire season, but you have essentially made your sport a "pay-per-view" event for about 60 million of us.

but hey, why am i bitching?..you took out the redline and made the neutral zone smaller in order to speed up the game and increase scoring...so i guess that makes up for all the rest.

as an avid fan, i truly appreciate everything you have done for us in the past year.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:36 am

greenster wrote: Tnn use to be Very good back in the day before they sold out to SPIKE TV

:withstupid: Sunday mornings on TNN use to be something i'd look forward to. Used to be a couple of hours of hunting programs. Now it's sweet Jack Squat!!

We get OLN Canada which totally sucks! The only "outdoors" show really worth watching is NASCAR outdoors and even then it's like 95% fishing. Nothing wrong with fishing, it's just i'd rather be watching some animals getting greased. Oh yeah, where I am one of our public stations is fed out of Detroit, MI so I get to watch "Michigan Out Of Doors" quite often.

Hmmm.... maybe I should start my own show..."Huntin and killin with MM77" :laughing:

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:44 am

BTW: I seen my boss on the Outdoor channel like a month ago and like last weeks On mossy oak classics I see my brothers boss :smile: not that yall care..
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:38 pm

birdshooter wrote:

Do you get that through dish Network or is that a cable only thing?[/

Just started last year on Adelphia cable
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:51 pm

i feal a little un welcom (i play hockey), isnt a tivo somethin u can use to record shows and save em or sumtin?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:59 pm

Don't forget beach vollyball and esqu....the horse riding people that jump stuff. BOOORRRRING. If OLN needs ideas for huning show, I can help. I would like to see more shows like the "Flyway Highway." Another thing that would be cool is a show that was devoted to outdoor cooking of wild game. If there is one I have never seen it.
Snaph
hunter

Return to Sports