Any Oregon hunters out there?

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Any Oregon hunters out there?

Postby steensraven » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 am

Hi!
My name is Raven and I live and hunt in SE Oregon.

Some of us Oregon gals are forming a women's hunting group and looking for members. It's not easy!

I have just started a messageboard, for women hunters only and for those in Oregon. We need members! We hope it will turn into a full-fledged club with real world activities together.

MEANwhile, we will share info about ourselves (it is a PRIVATE board), news about activities and upcoming events, stories, tips, tall tales, fun and friendship. We hope to hunt together too!

If you would like to join the messageboard, please go to
http://groups.google.com/group/oregon-h ... men/topics
and apply for membership. I have set up the messageboard so that I must approve everyone's membership and so that our posts cannot be seen by anyone other than approved members.

MEANWHILE jump on in and introduce yourself.
Let's get this group going and see where it leads. There is lot of hunting fun to be had in Oregon!

Feel free to contact me at
alvordwings@gmail.com

CHEERS!
Raven
steensraven
Newb

Re: Any Oregon hunters out there?

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 pm

If you haven't made contact yet with Terry Scoville of the Women's Hunting Journal, you should definitely seek her out. Her blog is at http://womenshuntingjournal.blogspot.com/.

-Holly
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby oregonhunter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi everyone!

I am soooo excited. For some odd reason I have been pulled back into hunting, right now I am pulled to duck and pheasant hunting. I am a newb to duck hunting and am looking for a group of Oregon gals to learn from, make friends and go hunt together.

I live just outside Portland

I went to Sauvie Isl today to scope out the duck hunt grounds. It seems complicated to hunt there. I am looking to find a good duck spot for my first duck hunt.

:smile:

KMC
oregonhunter
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 am

Hello and welcome! Can't help you on details with Oregon, I'm from Michigan myself. Have you checked in the Oregon state forums? Maybe some of the guys could help you out there. First word of advice however, is don't ask for a good spot. It's called cyber-scouting and most people aren't very helpful when they see a post like that. It usually takes a lot of hard work and scouting to find a good duck spot and they're often guarded pretty jealously. However, if you ask for info on how a managed area hunt works and not specifics on peoples hunting spots, you should get some help.. :thumbsup:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby oregonhunter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Thank you for the great advice. I have been doing some driving around this great state and seeing some beautiful country to go along with looking for that SPOT :)

It is now Turkey season and am now looking for that great spot :)

I did not, however find that duck spot this year, as school and work took precedence over having fun!!!

Next year!!!

again thank you for great advice!
oregonhunter
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum