Left behind

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: LadyK, Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora

Left behind

Postby huntingwidow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:30 pm

Anyone else feel this way sometimes? I haven't gotten to go out once this season. Granted I pregnant, having a baby and recovering for at least 2 months out of the season. But other than that I've been invited once, was ditched for field goose hunting with the popular boys that time and invited myself once and was ditched for sleeping that time (I don't blame him on that one he had a long week). He made it up to me by taking me out pheasant hunting the next afternoon. I'm beginning to feel like the third wheel to the dog. Funny thing is is that he keeps buying me gear. Well its supposedly for me. lol Ok I'm done whining now. I'm gonna go cry a tear into my beer :salude:
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby jumpshooter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:20 pm

Yea I have felt that way quite alot!!!!! this is the first year that I didn't have to begg and plead to go out.. before it was always the guys day out everyweekend.. so finally I told him that he couldn't go unless I got to he through a fit and I hid the guns. :getdown: :hammering:

now I go everytime that I want to :toofunny: :laughing:

this is the first year that I have actully convinced him to buy me new gear everything that I had was hand me downs because he wanted something new

I feel for you!!!
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:58 pm

:thumbsup: So glad I'm not the only one. Did I mention that his hunting dog was supposed to be my show dog but he spends so much on hunting crap that we can't afford classes. :pissed:
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:44 am

Ok from a guys perspective. My fiance goes with me anytime she wants to. Of course if she were pregnant I would be a little concerned of her welfare during slogs out to the duck hunting spot. But to get her to go we had to buy her a parka that fit, waders that were warm and fit, we bought her a 900.00$ shotgun, good thermal underwear, a handwarmer fanny pack for things like brushes and kleenex and things..a backpack for thermos and shells, we spent some money for sure. But I can tell ya its nice to know she is warm and cozy in all that new gear and I am thinking she loves that shotgun better than me. And once in awhile it would be great if she had buddies to hunt with while I stayed home. And a trip with just my buddies is nice every once in awhile too!!!! But after all that investment I sure want her to use those things so she goes when she wants to....we got her the first mallard this year and hopefully she will be warm enough in all that new gear to get her a nice canada goose before the season ends. So I am thinking the girls ought to do a girls hunting trip too!!!!!
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby huntingwidow » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:10 pm

Wow! Lucky her!
If I had girls to go with I would make a girls trip. We used to do that to the dunes (for 4-wheeling)but noone else around here wants to hunt.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Oh defenitely get your better halfs to invest in gear that is warm and fits you. Or invest in it yourself. It makes the hunting experience much much more comfortable. I was kinda disappointed in the selection of gear desgned for women. Especially shotguns. I think I am making a very wise decision to include her and leave room for her in my trips. If she wants to go she should be able to. she does her part and I do mine and if she wants to go out and hunt ducks after she puts up with me all week then all the power to her. I have had an opportunity to meet Shari Fraker. She is renown in Colorado as being one of the finest bowhunters in this state (male or female). she had alot of good points for getting the gals started. Now I think the fiance went and got a subscription to outdoors woman I think shes hooked!!!!! So "You go girls"! :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Outdoors Women Forum