Hey girls

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Hey girls

Postby duck2010hunter » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 pm

post some pics up! :tongue:
duck2010hunter
hunter

Re: Hey girls

Postby FOWLGAL » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm

just look at Fowgal I have pictures posted in nj site
FOWLGAL
hunter

Postby Quackity Gal » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 pm

New-Years-Day-2011.jpg
From New Year's Day...
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham
Quackity Gal
hunter

Postby blueyed-goof » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Ok....here's a picture....my second FL turkey of the season...

blueyed-goof
hunter

Postby Quentin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am

Much glad to see you here...
Thank you for sharing this picture...
love is life
Quentin
Newb

Postby Tnlady » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm

My turkey this year!
Attachments
533308_811879116156_57508843_35973648_184509087_n.jpg
Tnlady
hunter

Postby FOWLGAL » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Tnlady wrote:My turkey this year!

:clapping: :thumbsup: Nice bird. My season doesnt open til the 28th :no:
FOWLGAL
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 pm

REAL nice bird! :thumbsup: I'm getting excited, my season starts Monday. :) Hoping to get my first longbeard this year. I did get a jake last year though. :yes:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Indawoods » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Tell Cameron he's still a Bamtard. He'll know who it's from. :lol3:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby diverchasin » Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Nice turkeys! I hope to get my first one this weekend!

Here are some pics from this past duck season:

OpeningDay2011.1.jpg
Opening Day
OpeningDay2011.1.jpg (58.71 KiB) Viewed 4830 times

layout.jpg
View from the ambusher layout
diverchasin
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri May 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Love the pic from the layout! That's awesome. And looks like it was a great opening day for you too! Hope you get that first turkey. Turkey hunting is such a rush! I love it when that gobbles sounds from closer than you were expecting it to, it sends chills up and down my spine. lol.

I shot a jake last year, but I dropped my first longbeard on April 24, this year. One inch spurs, 10 1/4" beard, and one messed up fan. When I spread the fan out to take a look, every feather on it was busted off. My wild guess is he was in a scrap or two with another gobbler. Who knows?

2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Tnlady » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Indawoods wrote:

Tell Cameron he's still a Bamtard. He'll know who it's from. :lol3:

I'll pass on the word. Any other insults I should throw his way??
Tnlady
hunter

Postby LadyK » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 am

LadyK wrote:Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!

:welcome:

Having kids, sure does change things doesn't it? How old are they? I have twin boys that will be 3 in October. I'm very fortunate that I have family in town that understands the hunting addiction and will watch the boys once in a while, but the fall they were born and the following season I didn't get out much at all. And I do have to stay home this year from our annual grouse/woodcock hunting trip because of the boys. But, I figured in a few years we'll be taking the boys out there with us. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby LadyK » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 am

Outdoor Gal wrote:
LadyK wrote:Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!

Having kids, sure does change things doesn't it? How old are they? I have twin boys that will be 3 in October. I'm very fortunate that I have family in town that understands the hunting addiction and will watch the boys once in a while, but the fall they were born and the following season I didn't get out much at all. And I do have to stay home this year from our annual grouse/woodcock hunting trip because of the boys. But, I figured in a few years we'll be taking the boys out there with us. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.

Yes kids change things but in a good way. Son 2 and 8 months (3 in Oct. too) and a daughter 8 months (1 in Oct.) And my family hunts too so babysitters are a little hard to find. They do grow up so fast! I sure hope they both enjoy the outdoors. Twins must be so fun. Busy I'm sure but fun.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Tnlady » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

LadyK wrote:
Outdoor Gal wrote:

I actually heard a rumor that TNAL loves kids and would be happy to babysit all of hunting season. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
But really, I do not have kids, but I feel like the spectator sometimes, too. The guys are going on hunts all over the place this year and I am stuck dog sitting.

Yes kids change things but in a good way. Son 2 and 8 months (3 in Oct. too) and a daughter 8 months (1 in Oct.) And my family hunts too so babysitters are a little hard to find. They do grow up so fast! I sure hope they both enjoy the outdoors. Twins must be so fun. Busy I'm sure but fun.
Tnlady
hunter

Postby LadyK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 pm

:lol: I think I heard that too...hmm maybe an overthrow is in order to get some hunting time in for us.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Tnlady » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm not sure why my quote got messed up there, but I would definitely say an overthrow is in order. :biggrin:
Tnlady
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum