Hey girls

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Hey girls

Postby duck2010hunter » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 pm

post some pics up! :tongue:
duck2010hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:10 am
Location: Carolina


Re: Hey girls

Postby FOWLGAL » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm

just look at Fowgal I have pictures posted in nj site
User avatar
FOWLGAL
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Collegeville, PA

Re: Hey girls

Postby Quackity Gal » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 pm

New-Years-Day-2011.jpg
From New Year's Day...
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham
User avatar
Quackity Gal
hunter
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Boerne, TX

Re: Hey girls

Postby blueyed-goof » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Ok....here's a picture....my second FL turkey of the season...

Image
blueyed-goof
hunter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby Quentin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am

Much glad to see you here...
Thank you for sharing this picture...
love is life
Quentin
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 am

Re: Hey girls

Postby Tnlady » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm

My turkey this year!
Attachments
533308_811879116156_57508843_35973648_184509087_n.jpg
Tnlady
hunter
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby FOWLGAL » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Tnlady wrote:My turkey this year!



:clapping: :thumbsup: Nice bird. My season doesnt open til the 28th :no:
User avatar
FOWLGAL
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Collegeville, PA

Re: Hey girls

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 pm

REAL nice bird! :thumbsup: I'm getting excited, my season starts Monday. :) Hoping to get my first longbeard this year. I did get a jake last year though. :yes:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
User avatar
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Hey girls

Postby Indawoods » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Tnlady wrote:My turkey this year!


Tell Cameron he's still a Bamtard. He'll know who it's from. :lol3:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.


-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
User avatar
Indawoods
hunter
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: Gonzales, LA

Re: Hey girls

Postby diverchasin » Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Nice turkeys! I hope to get my first one this weekend!

Here are some pics from this past duck season:

OpeningDay2011.1.jpg
Opening Day
OpeningDay2011.1.jpg (58.71 KiB) Viewed 4830 times


layout.jpg
View from the ambusher layout
diverchasin
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri May 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Love the pic from the layout! That's awesome. And looks like it was a great opening day for you too! Hope you get that first turkey. Turkey hunting is such a rush! I love it when that gobbles sounds from closer than you were expecting it to, it sends chills up and down my spine. lol.

I shot a jake last year, but I dropped my first longbeard on April 24, this year. One inch spurs, 10 1/4" beard, and one messed up fan. When I spread the fan out to take a look, every feather on it was busted off. My wild guess is he was in a scrap or two with another gobbler. Who knows?

Image
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
User avatar
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Hey girls

Postby Tnlady » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Indawoods wrote:
Tnlady wrote:My turkey this year!


Tell Cameron he's still a Bamtard. He'll know who it's from. :lol3:


I'll pass on the word. Any other insults I should throw his way??
Tnlady
hunter
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby LadyK » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!
LadyK
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 am

LadyK wrote:Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!



:welcome:

Having kids, sure does change things doesn't it? How old are they? I have twin boys that will be 3 in October. I'm very fortunate that I have family in town that understands the hunting addiction and will watch the boys once in a while, but the fall they were born and the following season I didn't get out much at all. And I do have to stay home this year from our annual grouse/woodcock hunting trip because of the boys. But, I figured in a few years we'll be taking the boys out there with us. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
User avatar
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Hey girls

Postby LadyK » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 am

Outdoor Gal wrote:
LadyK wrote:Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!



:welcome:

Having kids, sure does change things doesn't it? How old are they? I have twin boys that will be 3 in October. I'm very fortunate that I have family in town that understands the hunting addiction and will watch the boys once in a while, but the fall they were born and the following season I didn't get out much at all. And I do have to stay home this year from our annual grouse/woodcock hunting trip because of the boys. But, I figured in a few years we'll be taking the boys out there with us. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.



Yes kids change things but in a good way. Son 2 and 8 months (3 in Oct. too) and a daughter 8 months (1 in Oct.) And my family hunts too so babysitters are a little hard to find. They do grow up so fast! I sure hope they both enjoy the outdoors. Twins must be so fun. Busy I'm sure but fun.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby Tnlady » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:11 pm

LadyK wrote:
Outdoor Gal wrote:
LadyK wrote:Hello all! I'm new here and just trying to get my feet wet. I didn't really know where to jump in, but here looked good. Unfortunately, in recent years I have become the "widow" more than the hunter. But I hope to slowly start changing that situation. I grew up hunting along side my brother. I made the mistake (j/k) of introducing my hubby while we were dating to some hunts. Now we are married, have kids and I get to be at home. Haha! So for now I'm living vicariously through friends who get to hunt. Cheers!



:welcome:

Having kids, sure does change things doesn't it? How old are they? I have twin boys that will be 3 in October. I'm very fortunate that I have family in town that understands the hunting addiction and will watch the boys once in a while, but the fall they were born and the following season I didn't get out much at all. And I do have to stay home this year from our annual grouse/woodcock hunting trip because of the boys. But, I figured in a few years we'll be taking the boys out there with us. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.


I actually heard a rumor that TNAL loves kids and would be happy to babysit all of hunting season. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
But really, I do not have kids, but I feel like the spectator sometimes, too. The guys are going on hunts all over the place this year and I am stuck dog sitting.


Yes kids change things but in a good way. Son 2 and 8 months (3 in Oct. too) and a daughter 8 months (1 in Oct.) And my family hunts too so babysitters are a little hard to find. They do grow up so fast! I sure hope they both enjoy the outdoors. Twins must be so fun. Busy I'm sure but fun.
Tnlady
hunter
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby LadyK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 pm

:lol: I think I heard that too...hmm maybe an overthrow is in order to get some hunting time in for us.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: Hey girls

Postby Tnlady » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm not sure why my quote got messed up there, but I would definitely say an overthrow is in order. :biggrin:
Tnlady
hunter
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm


Return to Outdoors Women Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests