Best gun?

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Best gun?

Postby Packer lakerfan4 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Hoping for some ladies opinions, My fiance wants to try hunting (which i completely support) BUT she needs a shotgun that does not have much kick at all, she has had surgery on both of her shoulders (both were worn out after golfing since she was 4). Was just wondering what ya'll shoot and how much it kicks. I know my 887 not feel good on her shoulders.
Packer lakerfan4
hunter

Re: Best gun?

Postby dablaw » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 pm

If you are getting shots over decoys 40 yards or less, get her a 20 gauge..Say an old rem. 1100..With a 3" load of 4's it's just as deadly...Just a thought...
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Re: Best gun?

Postby fwlgrl24 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Depends on how much you'd like to spend... either way, I'd definitely go with a 20ga. I have a benelli M1 field super 90 with a cut stock and 26" barrel as well as a youth model Mossberg (I'm a shorter girl, so youth models fit well with my short arms). The benelli is the lightest shotgun I've ever held, and I can shoot the thing all day long without any bruising or pain the next day.
You have been banned for the following reason:
nasty duck hunter

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
fwlgrl24
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum