Duck Hunting Forum banner

help on ladies waders

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Quack Wacker NC 
#1 ·
my girlfriend needs a set and was wondering if anybody has the macks youth wader, wondering about the inseam, she is 5 ft tall with a size 5/5.1/2 and a 28 inseam, size 0 pants 32-34 bust, weve tried the lacrosse youth but the inseam is too short, any help on different brands is greatly app. not many places around here that has different brands

#2 ·
Hiya,

Yay for another female duck hunter! :welcome:

As far as women's waders go, there are a couple of different options:

1. Going the youth wader route: While you may find the boots fit, I tend to run into the fact that well...I'm a woman and our curves are just way too different than a young boy's proportions.

2. Going with men's waders: Difficult for us dainty-footed women to find a boot size that will work. I barely fit into a 5.5 men's shoe, and then run into the problem that men with small feet tend to have short legs, and the rest of the wader doesn't work. After sticking a think sole insert in the boots, I will layer a couple of socks on my feet to help fill up the extra space in the boot.

3. Springing for the new women's waders: Cabela's now offers 2 women's waders (one that's essentially the same design as the men's but with women's shoe sizing) and the Cazadora which was designed by women for women. You can find out more by checking out NorCal Cazadora's blog in her clothing reviews (www.norcalcazadora.com). I'm aiming to spring for a pair of these myself for the upcoming season. You'll also find in her reviews a new women's duck gear line by SHE Safari Outdoor Clothing.

I'd take a look at those options and pick one that suits your gal the best.

Good luck!

-Quackity Gal

#3 ·
I would also go with the womens waders route. I had a pair of mens that never fit quite right which slowed me down and made it painful to walk after a 3+mile hike in the Marsh. I have the womens cabelas waders which I like. My only complaint is that they are super tight like a pair of womens jeans, which makes it hard for layering. But other than that they are worth the extra cash. I jumped on here to see what women wear for bibs as well. I have a mens medium pair but they are tight around my hips and loose every where else. :lol3:

#4 ·
Ryd3r,

I don't have any bibs, but if you find something, shout out. I'm trying to gear up for an elk hunt in Colorado during November, and have no clue where to start. I've tried some of the SHEfari pants, but don't know if that'll do the job? :huh:

Tips/suggestions anyone?

-Quackity

#5 ·
I cheaped out on my bibs and picked up a pair of Bass Pro Brand bibs on ebay about 4 years ago. I wear them more during deer season than anything else. They are a women's medium, so fit a WHOLE lot better than men's bibs would. They're not waterproof or resistant so I tend not to wear them if I have a chance of getting wet though. I have a pair of Cabela's rainpants (they're more overpants, but don't have the insulation of bibs) I'll wear if it's raining or I may get wet.

So far I only have a cheap pair of rubber men's waders. It seems like I only need waders once or twice a year and it's usually earlier in the season, so I haven't been able to justify the cost of a new pair yet. I did see that SHE Safari has their new waders up on their website now. I can't wait until they offer the rest of the waterfowl gear.

I was able to get a pair of men's size 6 hip boots from Dick's Sporting Goods online for $40 though. I usually wear a women's 8.5 and they fit pretty good. A touch on the snug side though if I really need to layer the wool socks though. Hopefully I won't need them if it's really cold out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.