New England lady hunters out there?

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

New England lady hunters out there?

Postby daisyduck2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm

just wondering if there's anyone out there in MA or surrounding areas into hunting? My husband got me into hunting but he works a different schedule and now I'll be going out alone! I've been duck hunting and turkey hunting with him a few times, but this will be my first season actually out there with a license.

look forward to meeting anyone out there!

Colleen :hi:
daisyduck2
hunter

Re: New England lady hunters out there?

Postby kjm1022 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 pm

I guessing by the "93" views and no responses, that would be a no?

Just stick to the Massachusetts forum, at least we won't leave ya hanging for days. :wink:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi and welcome! I'm afraid I haven't been around in ages, just got internet back. I hope you're able to find someone to hunt with. It took me quite a while before I found another woman in my area who enjoys duck hunting too. You might want to see what kind of events W.I.T.O (Women in the Outdoors, it's through the NWTF) and B.O.W. (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) have in your area. It doesn't hurt to become involved in alocal conservation organization chapter either. Like Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, or the National Wild Turkey Federation. I found that was a good way to network.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby daisyduck2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 am

Outdoor Gal wrote:Hi and welcome! I'm afraid I haven't been around in ages, just got internet back. I hope you're able to find someone to hunt with. It took me quite a while before I found another woman in my area who enjoys duck hunting too. You might want to see what kind of events W.I.T.O (Women in the Outdoors, it's through the NWTF) and B.O.W. (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) have in your area. It doesn't hurt to become involved in alocal conservation organization chapter either. Like Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, or the National Wild Turkey Federation. I found that was a good way to network.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definately check out those sites and I wouldn't mind getting involved in a group either.

:beer:
daisyduck2
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 am

Good luck, and I hope you make lots of new hunting friends. Let me know if you make it over to the the Great Lakes state, we can do a little hunting ourselves. :thumbsup:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Turkeychick » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Colleen!
Actually I have a womens hunting group located in New England ( i'm in Rhode Island) Called the Turkey Chicks! Come hunt with us! I have friends all over Massachusetts who hunt. We mostly hunt Turkey, but we have some waterfowlers. I put together classes and groups for us to learn more.I am also a member of the NWTF and I am the coordinator for the Women in the Outdoors for Central MA. Contact me! Season is starting soon!
Jess
Turkeychick
Newb

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

I helped plan a WITO event. That was lots of fun.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum