Catchy name

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Catchy name

Postby mandy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Im addicted to duck hunting. And i want to share my addition with other women. I am working on starting a new business to open girls eyes to the duck hunting world. We need a catchy name.. so im looking for some help open to any suggestions....
mandy
Newb

Re: Catchy name

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 am

Hello and welcome! I'm afraid I can't help with any catchy titles, I'm horrible at that kind of thing. But your idea is interesting, what kinds of things are you thinking about doing? Btw, what part of Michigan are you from? I live just south of Grand Rapids.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby c14smalls » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Welcome! My first thought was the name of my boat "Feather Duster." You could do "Feather Dusters United" or something similar. I am trying to get my wife more involved in duck hunting but its easier said than done. :thumbsup:
c14smalls
hunter

Postby mandy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 pm

[quote="Outdoor Gal"]Hello and welcome! I'm afraid I can't help with any catchy titles, I'm horrible at that kind of thing. But your idea is interesting, what kinds of things are you thinking about doing? Btw, what part of Michigan are you from? I live just south of Grand Rapids.[/

Thanks for the welcomes
Im sick of wearing my boyfriends clothes to go duck hunting. So it would be shirts/hoodies just for us serious women duck hunters. lol I live about an hour and half north of Saginaw right on the water.
mandy
Newb

Postby mandy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm

c14smalls wrote:Welcome! My first thought was the name of my boat "Feather Duster." You could do "Feather Dusters United" or something similar. I am trying to get my wife more involved in duck hunting but its easier said than done. :thumbsup:

THANKS! And if you think of more names let me know :) It took me about 3 years to get into duck hunting and now i can honestly say im addicted. Keep bugging your wife about going... that's how justin got to me go!!
mandy
Newb

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm

I don't think it's too good an idea to try and make a club for hunting ducks that is exclusive to women.

Suppose it was some sort of other ethnicity that formed a club that you were excluded from. I suppose there are many examples where some group exclude women or others already but there is no need to start new ones.

My two cents...thanks.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Catchy name

Postby Shotgun wg » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Duck diva's, suzies, women and wings, diamond lanyard, lady duck,
Shotgun wg
hunter

Postby lilredneckgirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:19 am

well, as a tall girl, ive resigned my days afield to wearing guys stuff. the available girs lines are all too small.
and honestly, the 'specialty ' lines are too overpriced. why pay 3x as much for something with pink trim?
im thinkin at best, a tee shirt line would be a hard sell. the market has already opened up, @ go visit walmart or your fav retailer.
another thought, I personaly dont need to "stand out" when i am out there with the guys. No special treatment wanted. just treat me like one of the guys..... My husband knows Im a girl, and he knows if he passes a shot, Im on it....
YES I HUNT LIKE A GIRL!!!! BooYaaaa
lilredneckgirl
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

I love the idea of girl wear. Especially some fun tshirts & hoodies.

I hate the pink camo stuff in the practical gear. I do like it in casual wear though. I don't see it as being treated diffently but rather as celebrating the fact that I AM a girl!!

It irritates me in gear though. If the guys don't wear pink camo, why the heck would we????! :mad:
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Just thought of this...

Has anybody seen the John Deere T-shirt that reads:

I'll trade you my boyfriend for your Tractor.

Funny! THat's the kinda stuff i like.
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum