outfitting

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora, LadyK

outfitting

Postby alanwebfoot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:25 am

My wife doesn
t hunt with me and that's OK but I know some of you have asked about clothing and fit for you not just smaller guys clothes ,the latest Cabelas and couple other magazines have shown a big swing towards ladies clothing check it out
alanwebfoot
hunter

Re: outfitting

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 am

I was Cabela's during their waterfowl weekend and checked out the new ladies 4-1 coat. I was planning on buying one, but after I started looking at it I realized it didn't say waterproof, just water-resistant, and the fit wasn't quite right. I'm not that big, depending on how things run I'm a small or medium, usually small. I tried a medium coat on, with just a t-shirt on, and the upper sleeves were already snug. Even at $30 off the regular price, I wasn't going to buy it if it wasn't waterPROOF and I couldn't layer under it. They lost a sale there.

I heard that SHE Safari is going to start a women's line of waterfowl gear. I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer.

Drake also has a ladies 3-1plus2 (the liner sleeves zip-off turning it into a vest) coat that I'm really tempted to get. At least it's waterPROOF, it's a fair chunk of change though, and I have a wonderful ladies Filson field jacket so I don't really want to spend that much $.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby alanwebfoot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:18 pm

SHE safari clothing was listed in a recent catalog I got!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby Ryd3r » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am

I was going to buy the Drake Womens Equator until I found out it didnt have a hood. I ended up with the males version with a hood and I am very happy with it. Coats are never a huge problem for me, pants are. I bought a mens herters duck jacket for around $150 and it fits me great.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first." - Ernest Hemmingway
Ryd3r
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:20 pm

SHE just started listing their waders last week I saw. They look pretty nice, but I'm not sure about the zipper, and they seem rather tight, so I'm not sure how layering is supposed to work with them.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to stick with my Filson for the next year or two, unless I come across a good deal. Not long ago, I picked up a British army surplus wool sweater that fits awesome and is going to be really warm, for a layering piece. For $20 can't beat that.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum