Jacket for my lady friend.

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Jacket for my lady friend.

Postby DUCKINout » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey yall I was wondering if you could help me find a jacket for my girl friend. We bought a mens jacket and it is just to big! I have seen the Drake womens line...any comments? I would like to order for her tonight so we can hunt this weekend! Thanks yall

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
DUCKINout
hunter

Re: Jacket for my lady friend.

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 pm

I've seen the Lady Drake line in adds, but only in catalogs and online. Cabela's also has a women's 4in1 parka that you can get in Mossy Oak duck blind camo. If she's real petite it might be an option. I tried one on in the store in August and the sizing seemed to run smal. A medium was too tight in the arms, even with only a t-shirt on. I usually wear a small or sometimes a medium if they run on the small-side, and I don't think me arms are a weird proportion to the rest of my body. lol. Unless it's all the lifting of my twin boys and I'm just getting nice guns. :lol3:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby DUCKINout » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Thank you outdoor gal! Any other input?

DUCKINout
hunter

Postby Kim in Camo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Cabelas has a lot of women's gear, as does Gander Mountain (not sure if their stores are national but you can order online and they may be a bit cheaper). I have a matching set of a 2 piece jacket and nice thick pants by Advantage Max, 4 HD. Very warm and comfy but I am not sure if their sizes run true. I got a huge one in XL because I layer up. The inner jacket is reversible with black on the other side. Got my stuff at Gander Mountain.
Kim in Camo
hunter

Postby DUCKINout » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank you. Decided to give the lady drake a shot. Will let yall know the the outcome

DUCKINout
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Yeah, let us know what you think of it when it comes. Did you get the 4in1 or the Eqwader? I have the gear to get buy, but I'm hoping that they might run a sale after the season is over. I might pick one up then.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby DUCKINout » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:15 pm

We got the eqwader 3 in 1 plus 2
Its identical to the mens just tailored down looks well made will let you know this Sunday how it works out

DUCKINout
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum