WTB:Used Ladies Waterfowl Jacket

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

WTB:Used Ladies Waterfowl Jacket

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Ladies-

I am looking for a used ladies waterfowl jacket for my girlfriend in size small or possibly a medium. I prefer waterproof and Max-4D or Duck Blind. Or, if you can point me in the right direction of where you purchase your clothing. What a headache this has been to find a jacket that fits her or even find women's clothing for hunting. I found one at Cabelas, but it was $139.99 and we aren't sure if she is going to enjoy duck hunting with me.

Thank you.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Re: WTB:Used Ladies Waterfowl Jacket

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:41 am

Unfortunately there's not a big selection out there for women. The Cabela's coat is probably one of the most affordable options out there if you're looking for a waterfowl camo pattern. I understand not wanting to spend a lot if your not sure she's going to be into it though. There are more options for women in patterns like MO Infinity, and Realtree AP as well, but you definitely have to do your shopping. Places like Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, and Macks Prairie Wings all have a few women's hunting clothes. You might be able to find something for her. I actually found a women's camo fleece jacket at Wal-mart for $20. Or maybe you could go military surplus. I know Sportsman's Guide (online) has a pretty big selection of stuff and they often carry smalls (granted their men's smalls), but again there are only so many options, especially if you don't want to spend much. Hope that helps a little.

There aren't too many ladies on here and most of them are newer hunters still looking to get outfitted themselves. You could try posting a WTB thread in the classifieds, maybe some of the guys in there have bought something for wives/girlfriends/daughters that aren't hunting any more.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum