Any hunters in Eastern VA?

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora, LadyK

Any hunters in Eastern VA?

Postby Tnlady » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi! I am new to the chat, but I was wondering if there were any ladies in Eastern VA? I am from TN, but I attend school in VA... I would love someone to chat with or maybe take a weekend outing with!
Tnlady
hunter

Re: Any hunters in Eastern VA?

Postby oregonhunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 am

Well, I am not in Virginia, but if I were we'd be hunting this coming weekend :grooving:

It does not seem to appear there is much chatter in this forum. I hope you have better luck in finding a female hunting partner than I have! :sad:
oregonhunter
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 am

Argh, yeah, sorry, I haven't been online much lately. Busy at home with my little guys and trying to fight my husband for internet time when they're napping. :lol3:

Hope you ladies can find some hunting partners in your areas! It took me a few years before I found a couple female hunting friends in my area. Be sure to check out WITO (Women in the Outdoors) and BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman), hopefully they hold some events in your areas. It may not necessarily be waterfowling, but I found my friends through those organizations.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Tnlady » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the replies ladies! Not only can I not find girls with similar interests... none of my guy friends here in VA hunt either! I will have to look into some events around here... I am feeling the end of duck season tick away and it is killing me! School has some nerve getting in the way of my hunting!! :mad:
Tnlady
hunter

Postby MuddDuck » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 pm

I just got my Girlfriend hunting last year and she loves it. She has killed deer, turkeys, doves, geese, and 9 species of ducks we are located in eastern virginia too. She has been talking about wanting to find another girl to hutn with her. I know its tough sometimes being the only girl around. If you ever want to hunt around here we got plenty of places and are located on the peninsula in virginia.
MuddDuck
hunter

Postby Tnlady » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

It can be hard being the only girl... but it is completely worth it. My boyfriend got me into hunting, too. It is so nice to share it with him! I would love to have someone to hunt with/ talk hunting with while I am at school, though. He tried really hard to get me a deer this year (he got a nice non-typical), but it didn't happen for me this year. I did get 2 turkeys last year and several ducks. I am mounting one of my woodies :biggrin: It is just something I really love to do!
Tnlady
hunter

Postby smitty14 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm in Northern VA...still looking for a hunting partner?
smitty14
hunter

Postby ashmartin413 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:30 am

Hey, I live in Ashburn, in Northern VA. I'd love to hunt with you if your still around. It's IMPOSSIBLE to find a hunting partner around here, guy or girl! Email me, ashmartin413@yahoo.com.
ashmartin413
Newb

Return to Outdoors Women Forum