Any Women duck hunters in North MS

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: LadyK, Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora

Any Women duck hunters in North MS

Postby CanadaQuacker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 am

I went on my first duck hunt last weekend and ended up with a speckled bellied goose which my husband is going to mount for me. I'M HOOKED!!!!! I love hunting and I love my husband beyond words, but I really would like to hunt with a group of girls. Men just don't understand that hunting in men's sized clothing necessitates inventive ways to get your gun in position quietly and with the least amount of movement or that because we are the female gender, there are a couple of things that we have to do differently, but we are not asking for special treatment, just wanting recognition of these differences; like finding the nearest ladies room down the bank and behind the tree on the left.
CanadaQuacker
Newb

Re: Any Women duck hunters in North MS

Postby duckdog81 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 am

I'm on the coast, moving to New Orleans this summer, but if you want to meet in the middle sometime this upcoming season I'm all for it! I have a dog :)
duckdog81
hunter

Postby Fear the long hair » Thu May 03, 2012 4:53 pm

I live in central Alabama ! I would not be opposed to joining y'all! I am
A beginner !!
Fear the long hair
hunter

Postby duckdog81 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 pm

This will be my second season, so technically I am still a beginner as well :)

I can get instate licenses for MS, LA, TX, and AR but adding Alabama to that list might be kinda tough !
duckdog81
hunter

Postby lbrope » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm

I'm in N Al and have a house in Oxford. Won't make it over there before end of duck season, but am happy to know you and willing to plan some meet ups with y'all!!
lbrope
hunter

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

I wish I was closer to y'all I think it woul be a blast to get a bunch of women together for a hunt !
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum