Getting Married! Need help on honeymoon!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Getting Married! Need help on honeymoon!

Postby Ryd3r » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey Ladies, well after 2 years of engagment we are finally pulling the plug! We are going to have a simple wedding but I am having a hard time figuring out what to do for a honeymoon. I dont want to spend big bucks, but we want it to be special too. Ideally we would want to go somewhere we could go fishing, we are both really big anglers. Any suggestions? We live in Minot, ND, the wedding will be in Western Michigan.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first." - Ernest Hemmingway
Ryd3r
hunter

Re: Getting Married! Need help on honeymoon!

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Congrats! When's the big date?

Wish I had some suggestions for you, but all I do is panfishing for the most part. :) Are you looking for some sort of "destination" trip? Of course, you could always charter a boat and do some big lake fishing in Michigan, but since you're from here, that's not such a big deal. lol. Traverse City is always nice... Do you fly fish? What about Colorado? And coastal fishing off of Texas always sounded fun to me, but I'm sure that costs a lot.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Re: getting married

Postby sbilter@rocketmail.com » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:19 am

Congrats ! Can't be of any help since I live in Florida. I have been married 30 years. I am on here looking to see where we can take our chessie/lab in Florida for fun. We moved here from Memphis, Tn. Again Congrats !!! :beer:
sbilter@rocketmail.com
Newb

Postby TomKat » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 am

Why not go to Flint for some cultural diversity? :hi: :beer:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby kjm1022 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Key West FL. :thumbsup:
kjm1022
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 pm

So you figure out where you're going yet Ryd3r?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby pete/pmr » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:16 am

First of all when is the wedding and what is your budget? If you go to a place that is touristy but has good fishing, the off season is the time too go! You might find Florida or Texas or Lousianna a nice place to go,good food,cultural, scenic,with great fishing for alot of different types of fish,and off season will give you cheaper rates on fishing charters,hotel rooms,airfare ...ect, ect, ect !
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby petrel » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:44 am

On a budget, the Florida Keys are hard to beat. Fishing, diving, lounging on the beach, nightlife if you want it. Check your timing to see if you can be there for a hot tarpon bite! We vacationed in Marathon when dating. Liked it so much we had our honeymoon there. Consider renting a cottage or some sort of efficiency. It's nice having your own space, esp. on a honeymoon, plus you can eat in instead of going out.

One more thing. If your bride is from up north too, make it your business to keep her caked in SPF50! Take long sleeve shirts and hats as well if you plan to go flats fishing. Nothing takes the wind out of a vacation, let alone a honeymoon, like the wife/bride with a nasty sunburn!

Congratulations!
petrel
hunter

Postby BirdBoy501 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Ryd3r wrote:Hey Ladies, well after 2 years of engagment we are finally pulling the plug! We are going to have a simple wedding but I am having a hard time figuring out what to do for a honeymoon. I dont want to spend big bucks, but we want it to be special too. Ideally we would want to go somewhere we could go fishing, we are both really big anglers. Any suggestions? We live in Minot, ND, the wedding will be in Western Michigan.

Go to Argentina. Dove and Ducks Gone wild.
Wack and Stack em
BirdBoy501
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum