SHE Apparel

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

SHE Apparel

Postby rockie83 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Has anyone tried on the SHE Apparel waterfowl hunting clothes? I wish there were some in stores, but I can't find anything.
rockie83
Newb

Re: SHE Apparel

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Afraid not. :no: I only have a Gander Mountain near me and they have a very minimal selection of women's hunting clothes.

I've been shopping around online for a jacket and am debating between Prois (but not really wanting to pay their prices, I've heard it's quality gear though) and the Lady Drake jacket. I just wish I could try the stuff on. I have a pair of women's Drake pants and they're sized just like men's. Not real impressed. I got them cheap, and figure I'll just use them when it's cold or wet and use them as an outer layer.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby gander_lander34 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:06 pm

I had a friend that I took to ND with me last year. We looked everywhere for women's gear that she liked. She ordered all her upland gear from SHE. She loved the fact that it actually fit like womens clothes and fit about the same as well. She hated buying and wearing guys' camo cause it wasn't cut right for her especially around the chest area. Same for pants with the hips. She ordered the SHE upland pants. Here's the problem she had with them. When I say they fit like women's pants, they fit tight like women's pants. Therefore, she couldn't layer anything underneath them to allow for any air to circulate, so there was no wind breakage whatsoever. So that being said, I would suggest whatever your size is normally, order a size larger. Also, the pockets were just like a woman's pair of pants. Shallow and not able to store anything in them (i.e. License, extra shells, gloves, etc.) Now if this were a WARM weather hunt, I think she would have been fine. However, like I said, she wasn't able to layer anything cause the clothes were too tight. She just ended up wearing an extra pair of my BDU pants instead. As for waterfowl clothing, I don't remember the brand name, but we ended up finding a women's line of waterfowl clothing to include a 4-in-1 jacket. I wanna say maybe Browning or Bass Pro, but don't quote me on that. Hope that helps out a little.
gander_lander34
hunter

Postby patrick0685 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 pm

bass pro in Vegas has some they also have some UA womens clothing
patrick0685
hunter

Postby Tundra9 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 am

GET IT!! I just bought my girl friend at complete set from basspro. I got her the jacket and bibs in MAX-4! She loves them! She said she loves the feel and how they actually fit a WOMAN! You wont be sorry if you buy these! We will be hunting with me this fall and she can't wait!!
Tundra9
hunter

Postby realtreegurl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm worried about the women’s clothing not being warm enough because all they are factoring in is "how cute it looks on me" i want to be warm and protected from the weather and have pockets to carry crap in, i don’t want my chap stick or my butt crack falling out every time i bend over. i don’t care to much about fashion when hunting. I'll stick with the men’s gear it works for them. now if I’m out and about hunting for men then that’s when ill get me a cute camo top on.
realtreegurl
hunter

Postby Tundra9 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 am

It fits a girl very well! The "she" bids and jacket i got for her has 200 grams of insulation and its waterproof.
I took some pictures of her wearing her set. The pictures are too big to post on here but I will upload to my profile, so go check them out. Its made to fit a woman!
Tundra9
hunter

Postby Randy Johnson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm

I had a friend wear SHE upland pants on a hunt in Arizona. Her legs looked like pin a cushion after a day of quail hunting. She did like the fit.
Randy Johnson
hunter

Postby buckshot_betty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 am

I'm new here, so I'll intro myself. I live in Montana and am semi retired. I love to hunt (big game as well as bird). I have a darn good aging bird dog (Yellow Lab, Buckshot Betty, better known as BB when she's good, Betty when she's not.) I'm in the process of checking out breeders, looking for a yellow pup this spring. Looking forward to learning & sharing on this forum.

I work in a sporting good store and we sell SHE apparel. I bought a pair of pants for upland, a camo shirt and upland bird vest. I think it's more fashionable than functional. I'm 5'1" and weigh 109 so when I saw SHE apparel I thought finally something that will fit me. It does fit okay, but I want more functional stuff for hunting. I can wear youth sizes if I don't mind the sleeves being too short.
buckshot_betty
Newb

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm

buckshot_betty wrote:I'm new here, so I'll intro myself. I live in Montana and am semi retired. I love to hunt (big game as well as bird). I have a darn good aging bird dog (Yellow Lab, Buckshot Betty, better known as BB when she's good, Betty when she's not.) I'm in the process of checking out breeders, looking for a yellow pup this spring. Looking forward to learning & sharing on this forum.

I work in a sporting good store and we sell SHE apparel. I bought a pair of pants for upland, a camo shirt and upland bird vest. I think it's more fashionable than functional. I'm 5'1" and weigh 109 so when I saw SHE apparel I thought finally something that will fit me. It does fit okay, but I want more functional stuff for hunting. I can wear youth sizes if I don't mind the sleeves being too short.

:welcome: Betty! I'd love to see pictures of your dog. One day I'll have a hunting lab, but it'll be a few years yet I think.

I have the same opinion about the SHE apparel. The stuff I've seen in the store, just doesn't seem like it would up to hard use. I did however buy a pair of SHE muck style boots this year. I saw them at a local store for 1/2 the price Muck boots run. It looks like they're made by Proline and have the SHE name on them. I do like the fact that they're 16" boots. I've worn them field hunting and during some marsh scouting. We'll see how well they hold up after a season or two.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby GuffsGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm

I purchased a pair of She Safari waders last year....ordered my size and when they arrived they were skin tight. Had enough time to return and order a size up which arrived the day before my first duck hunt. They seemed fine until I sat down. They are not make for someone 5' 8. Way t0o short! It is amazing that they would not make the straps longer to adjust for someone that is tall.

So if anyone is interested in a pair of She Safari Waders used only 3 times let me know. They are size large boot size 10.
GuffsGirl
Newb

Postby buckshot_betty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 am

Outdoor Gal, thanks for the welcome! I have photos of me & my girl "somewhere". I can't find them on the laptop I'm currently using, must be on the one the died last year and was resurrected recently. As soon as I find those pics I'll post them. Let me know how those SHE boots work for you. I looked online for reviews but can't find any, even at amazon.com! Do the sizes run true? I hate to order things that don't run true to size.
buckshot_betty
Newb

Postby ShotgunGal » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:55 pm

I have tried both SHE and Prois. Although Prois does not make a specific waterfowl pattern, their clothes are FAR superior to SHE Apparel. The clothes fit well, and are not skin tight (i.e., they offer plenty of movement but still fit your curves). I'd stere clear of SHE personally.
ShotgunGal
Newb

Postby Bib3773 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Got my daughter a game winner jacket from academy. It fits like a ladies coat and according to her its pretty warm and its water repellent. I chose that brand because I actually never thought she would wear it but she proved me wrong and I paid a 3rd of the price of most of the other brands for it. Just throwing that out there as a different option and if need be a more affordable option. Also keep in mind I live in southeast texas so we don't get the cold weather that many do up north.
I rode my stick horse to the store, if felt like I walked the whole way....
Bib3773
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum