pregnancy and shotguns

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

pregnancy and shotguns

Postby norcalweaz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm

was just wondering how far into the pregnancy did some of you keep shooting? my wifes 5 months along and wasn't quite up for ducks this year, she didn't want to be in the cold too much, but wants to keep up with clays and maybe a little planted pheasant. her midwife says its fine as long as it's not uncomfortable but was wanting some opinions/ advice on what others have done and gone through. can't let her slip on out shooting my buddies haha. thanks
norcalweaz
hunter

Re: pregnancy and shotguns

Postby LadyK » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm

I was shooting during the 7-8 month mark for dove season. It's still ridiculously hot around here during dove season, so it was short lived. :lol3: She should be just fine. The baby may be on the move while she is shooting of course, and that gets entertaining. But the baby is totally safe and sound. They say if you run the vacuum a lot while pregnant, the baby is born used to the noise. So tell her to shoot away! Your little one should sleep like a rock and through any noise.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum