For the Concealed Carry Ladies

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

For the Concealed Carry Ladies

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:00 pm

My wife is wanting to start carrying and I'm trying to decide what to get her. I carry a Glock 21 (.45 cal) professionally everyday so I am familiar with Glocks and their reliability. I am getting a G36 to carry, which is a single stack 45 cal so it's small but I'm concerned about the recoil and if it will be a good fit for her. I was also thinking about the G19 or G26. She has never shot before so I need to get her out and get her used to it. She has never had an interest until now. For those of you that carry concealed, what do you carry?
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: For the Concealed Carry Ladies

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm

I carry a Kahr PM9 and think it's a nice carry size. However, there are times I wish I had something smaller. This time of year it's not such a problem to hide, but it was more challenging in the summer. Even though I prefer carrying on the body, I found myself putting it in my purse quite often because I couldn't hide it wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

It's not too bad to shoot, I can run somewhere between 50-100 rounds through it, before the tendonitis in my right hand starts to act up. So far it's been a reliable shooter. For target plinking I really enjoy shooting my husband's S&W's, M&P.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:30 pm

I bought my wife a Sig Sauer P22 mosquito, I don't have to worry about her flinching because of recoil and the gun fits her really well. Its not a legit concealed carry weapon as far as tucking it in your pants but I like the fact that if someone approaches her they'll see a bump on her hip and think before they act.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby FowlOffspring » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am

My older sister carries a Beretta Nano 9mm.Shes about 5'2" and it fits in the palm of her hand, so I hear. she bought it so she could wear it inside of her waist band. I dont know about recoil though because she hasnt gotten to shoot since every one is buying up a ton of popular loads.
FowlOffspring
hunter

Postby Goosebumps » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:04 pm

I carry a Smith & Wesson 357 magnum model 60 with Hornady Critical defense ammo. Also, especially for summer time concealed carry, a Ruger LCR 38+P with Buffalo Bore 158 gr. The Ruger is smaller and lighter, but as expected, kicks more. Wheel guns never jam. Basically point and shoot, easy to learn. Or she could get a 22. There is a lot of new defensive ammo out there for 22s.
Goosebumps
hunter

Postby Goosebumps » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I carry a Smith & Wesson 357 magnum model 60 with Hornady Critical defense ammo. Also, especially for summer time concealed carry, a Ruger LCR 38+P with Buffalo Bore 158 gr. The Ruger is smaller and lighter, but as expected, kicks more. Wheel guns never jam. Basically point and shoot, easy to learn. Or she could get a 22. There is a lot of new defensive ammo out there for 22s.
Goosebumps
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum