help me help my wife, so i can have a happy hunting season!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

help me help my wife, so i can have a happy hunting season!

Postby 870 SOOPER MAGNUM » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:51 am

hello ladies! I am also not a perv, but need some womens insight.

my wife of 3 months is just great- we get along fine, we went through some rough times during our engagement with her dad passing on.

its a strong relationship. she is ok with my hunting obsession, but i would love to get her more involved!

she dosent really show that much enthusiasim, but i think it would be fun to have her along with me.

any ideas?

i tried to get her involved with my summer obsession (Golf :salude: ), and she tried very hard. she would go with me to the driving range, and stuff. we would go out on the course, and play too. shes not really good, but neither was i when i first started! she isnt a natural, so she looses interest.

im not looking for someone on the Cabelas Guide Staff, i just want my wife to get into hunting with me.

im scared that if i push it, she will not only loose interest, but eventually put an end to my hunting too :thumbsdown: (that would suck... alot!)

anyway- thanks in advance,

Joe :help:
"A Soldier fights for the right to wave the flag- the same one that is draped over his casket when he dies defending the freedom that allows some hippy to burn it."
870 SOOPER MAGNUM
hunter

Postby jduck031 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:24 pm

I am one of the lucky ones and my girlfiend of 3.5 years loves it.She would go by herself if she didnt get lost.lol. shes a highscool coach now and dont have a lot of time to go with me anymore, but I have a few tips for you.1.make sure she is warm and fed.2.find an easy accesible hunting spot and dont stay too long.3.scout the area out before the hunt and dont shoot anything.make sure she will see action when yall go.4.dont give her too much advise while out there, and let her know its not just about killing ducks, its the quality time together with nature and all of its wildlife. 5.and most importantly get her familiar with the gun she will be shooting.we get about 12 or 15 people together, bbq, and shoot clays all the time, and the women love it.We just have to watch their liquor! lol.good luck and good huntin.
jduck031
hunter

Re: help me help my wife, so i can have a happy hunting seas

Postby Boomn4x4 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:51 pm

870 SOOPER MAGNUM wrote:hello ladies! I am also not a perv

That's an interesting way to introduce yourself :toofunny:
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby huntingmama » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Well it may be tricky to do so! ha ha just kidding. Plan a Big hunt Make it seem like it is a really huge deal. Invite some friends (have them invite wives if possible) and tell her that you are so excited and would really like her to be a part of it. Even if you dont see, shoot, or find anything show her how to enjoy being outdoors with friends. Make sure she is part of doing it wether it be putting out decoys with you ,giving you shells, or grabbing ducks out of water,ETC Show her how to have fun your way! i wasnt so sure of it my self in the beginning. and after 3 years i still havent shot anything( my husband says i have to make me feel good) but being out with each other or with other hunting buds is actually the real fun!!!!just keep inviting her. and if she enjoys it go and buy her something for hunting right away! it worked for me!!!
every woman loves gifts and if it is for hunting it makes it really exciting to try it out!!!!!!!!
Good Luck
huntingmama
hunter

Postby Female Goose Hunter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:08 pm

I would first figure out if killing things makes her queasy if so, hunting isnt for her. But if not id just suggest telling her you would really enjoy having her with you, let her help u set decoys and such, if all else fails get her a one day hunting liscense and take turns shooting at things. It worked for me thats how my dad got me hooked. lol

Remember if ya cant tell what it is before you shoot, dont pull the trigger :thumbsup:
Female Goose Hunter
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:10 pm

I agree with goose hunter you first need to figure out if she is ok with killing things but if not you can always involve her in target prat. with you and maybe evenually she eill warm up to the idea. another thing that might help is that once she is ready to learn hoe to handle a gun is that you have to be paitance, and you cant let your ego get hurt if she out shoots you. you need to rember that it is a proven fact that women are more steady than a man is and therefore usually a better shot and you also need to rember that if you continue to enourage her by telling her that she is doing awasome and things like that there is a better cance that she might stick it out and evencually enjy it as much as you do.
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby uglyduckling » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:00 pm

Ask her to please join you hunting once and then you will go out with and enjoy one of her hobbies with her as well.
uglyduckling
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum