Duck Hunting Forum banner

Calling contest for the ladies???

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Female Goose Hunter 
#1 ·
Our waterfowl organization, the Virginia Waterfowlers Ass. will be having our open duck/open goose calling contest again this fall. We are thinking about having a womens division this time but I wanted to ask you ladies if many/any have blown in such contest before. Wondering what your thoughts are. We pull contestants from all up and down the east coast in the mens division. Hoping to expand...... but only for you would join in the fun. we do have a few local girls that say they would blow but we want to make a contest out of it :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

#2 ·
I was unaware of the fact that u had to be of male gender to enter these "calling" competitions, however some are good with their calls but the real challenge comes on whether u can decoy a flock of a hundred nadians or if your just making noise...As ive noticed im decent to my way of thinking but some of the noises ive heard at these competitions in no way whatsoever sound like anything ive heard come out of a duck or gooses vocal cords..

Remember, If ya cant tell what it is before u pull the trigger, dont pull the trigger :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. I did not mean anything by it, here in Va. we do not have many of the ladies that enter the open duck goose calling contest and we, as an organization are trying to encourage the ladies to become more involved in the outdoor sports. I agree that being a goode competition caller does not mean you will take more birds home at the end of the day, but the contest does draw folks into the sport of waterfowling, and that's a good thing :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.