How to get her interested...

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

How to get her interested...

Postby uglymug » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Hello Ladies,
My name is Chris (23) and I'm currently dating a wonderful lady named Sarah (22). We've been dating for about two years now and I'm saving up for a diamond ring. Now I think it'd be extremely cool if I could get my future fiance'/wife to come duck hunting with me. The only problem is she's not very interested. Any suggestions from you ladies as to how I could make it sound more attractive to her? :help:

Thanks for the advice.
uglymug
hunter

Re: How to get her interested...

Postby North LA Hunter » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Tell her you will give her the ring if she goes hunting? Haha!

My girlfriend is just the hunting kind so she doesn't mind. But I don't bring her on tough cold hunts so maybe she won't get burned out and won't want to go.

Btw I am a man not a woman!

Sent from my beeper
North LA Hunter
hunter

Postby LadyK » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Maybe start out with just shooting some clays? If she likes it then try something like Dove. Its usually good weather, slightly less intense (for my family, anyway). If she likes all those then try duck. The cold is not so bad if you are concentrating on killing things. Just my two cents.
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby goosehappy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Cook her up a delicious duck gumbo. Then tell her if she kills the ducks, you'll cook them.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby MoJo2014 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Show her some pictures of other girls duck hunting (internet, fb, etc.) and casually mention how "cool" you think it is to see women out there duck hunting or how "badass" they are for being out there with their boyfriends/husbands/friends in the blind. That should get her attention and at least and maybe give her a little push to get out there with you. Good luck
MoJo2014
Newb

Postby KFITZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Coming from a woman who just recently started hunting with in the past year and a half, my husband is the one who inspired me to start. The thing that interested me the most couple wise was all the time I got to spend with my husband because If your spouse hunts and you do not that is a lot of time spent away on the weekends and all the free time because hunting is a very dedicated sport. Second way how my husband got me into hunting more was learning about and letting him teach me and then in return I had something to talk about with "the guys" and let me tell you all men are impressed with a girl that can shoot and gun and a bow! The last thing that my husband agrees with that I noticed my first hunt is the peace-fullness(if that's even a word) which no man or woman would understand unless they actually went hunting. One thing I had a problem with is motivating myself to wake up that early some mornings even when my husband tried to push me(which he eventually got tired of because who has time at 4 in the morning to try and convince me to get out of bed) I end up staying in bed and then regretting it when I woke up later that morning, I finally learned it is WELL worth getting out of bed for the reward. Hopefully something in this post is helpful I know I ranted quite a bit!
Couples that hunt together, Stay together
KFITZ
hunter

Postby uglymug » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:59 am

Thanks for all the great suggestions ladies and gentlemen! I'll put your suggestions to good use.
uglymug
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum