Hello Ladies

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora, LadyK

Hello Ladies

Postby thewife » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Im new here, my husband found the site and Ive spent more time here than he has!

The manpiece is new to duck hunting, Im more interested in the dog and training him (when we get him hopefully in May). My goal is to get him trained and handle him in the field and photograph the hunts (my other hobby).

I wanted to introduce myself to you all first, you'll be seeing me around!
thewife
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 pm

welcome to DHC! Glad to have you on board.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome!

I spend way more time here than my hubby too. lol. He and I are also new to duck hunting. Last year was our first full season. Hopefully, next year will have a bit more success. But we're certainly learning. I'd love to get a hunting retriever but we know that we don't have the time to invest in training. And I have one lovable non-retrieving lab at home as well as a lab mix. I wouldn't want them to get jealous. ;)

Can't wait to hear your training stories with the new pup. Do you do any other kind of hunting besides ducks?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 pm

:welcome:

Do you have pictures of your pup? I'm a sucker for puppy pictures.
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby thewife » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:20 am

No pictures yet! We were on line for a Toller from TX (we are in Central NY) but there were health concerns, not much info on the dam, no orthopedic certs and she has Addisons. Dad was a little better, but the big problem was both sire and dam are carriers for progressive retinal atrophy. I did want to get a pup to have him go blind.

So now we are waiting to see if a litter produces enough pups for us to get a male, if not we'll have to wait even longer.

I love to fish, I remember the first time I caught one when I was 7! (A sunny) My son loves fishing too and is blessed by the water angels, he pulls one out almost every cast. My daughter doesnt have the same success, but she caught a 13" largemouth last summer- she's 4!

Heres my two girls, Lucy and Leia, they wont fetch a thing, but love the kids!(they are from the same litter, little chow, little husky, little golden and a little of something else!)
thewife
hunter

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Good luck with that - we'll keep our fingers crossed for males. :smile:
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum