Welcome to the new Forum!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Postby lady_duck » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:35 pm

Thanks for the advise everyone! My son is doing fine, healing well, and doesnt seem to be a bit scared of Duke. I was worried about him being afraid of the pup after the incident with Roxie. Duke is doing very well, I think he is enjoing getting all of the attention. We are working with him on some of the bad habbits he has learned from Roxie, digging in the garbage, counter surfing, and barking at other dogs. Otherwise he is great, Duke doesnt have an aggressive bone in his body when it comes to the kids and us. The kids can play with him freely, even when he is chewing on a bone or playing with his favorite favorite toys. He is the biggest sweatheart of a dog I have ever known! I cant wait to watch him work this fall, and then sharing my stories with you gals. Again thanks for the advise and support you have offered. :smile:
Killing ducks ain't just a guy thing!!
lady_duck
Newb

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:54 am

Glad to hear your son is doing well -- keep us posted on him and the pup!

:smile:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Well, since ladyduck hasn't posted a response I suppose I will!! I am her husband so I think I know why she hasn't. She is upset because Duke kind of became my dog. He was pretty shy towards me but after Roxie left he latched on and didn't let go. He still listens to her but he listens to me first.

He has done great in the pond and in the field this fall. I am so proud of him. I guess being able to give him all my attention was best. Good luck this season!!
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Previous

Return to Outdoors Women Forum