hunt'n widows

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

hunt'n widows

Postby southernBuster » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:14 pm

hey are any of you hunting widows? post your stories and tell us how you cope. :getdown: :getdown:
love the girl , love her Chessie!
southernBuster
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:42 pm

Okay, I'll go first!

When my husband and I were still dating, I used to want to go with him hunting as much as possible and spend time with him. The first time he took me duck hunting was at dusk on his uncle's pond. We got there an hour before sunset to stake out a good spot and wait for the ducks to come in. He asked me to find a comfortable place to sit on the bank and be as quiet as possible. Well, the best way I figured out to do that was to find a comfy patch of dirt, curl up, and go right to sleep! So instead of having company that whole hour he was waiting for the sun to set, I was having a lovely afternoon nap! He was not so impressed with my emerging hunting prowess after that, although I think I have partially redeemed myself since!

Anyone else? :smile:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:01 am

Okay, I didn't tell the whole story...

After I woke up, I got bored and started throwing sticks at my husband (then my fiance). Just little ones, hitting him in the legs. Then that got boring and so I picked bigger sticks and started throwing them in the water he was standing in trying to make bigger and bigger splashes. And despite all this he didn't kill me, but he did kill half his limit of wood ducks that day!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:53 pm

now that was a good move supermodel. a little movement on the water is all it takes. :yes: ok...did he actually tell you to keep doin it? :smile:
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum