Tell us about yourself!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: LadyK, Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora

Tell us about yourself!

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:13 pm

Ladies, let's get a conversation going. I want to hear about some of the other lovely women this site has drawn to it.

I'll go first!

My name is Katie and I am 25 years old. My husband and I live in little ol' Sparta, Georgia, and he is the real hunter in the family, but he is trying to teach me. I've only been duck hunting a few times, and I am still learning how to handle a shotgun without letting it knock me off my feet. I'm pretty good with a rifle though (good enough to scare my husband a little when he first saw me pick off a Coke can at 80 yards!) and am pretty respectable with a Glock. We don't have any kids, but we do have a cat (Oliver) and an English Springer Spaniel puppy (Gus) that Keith would like to turn into a bird-hunting dog. He shows promise! I am a registered nurse and I work in the Emergency Department of a local hospital, and am also a full-time graduate student at Georgia Southern University in the Family Nurse Practitioner program.

Whew! Okay, your turns!

:smile:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby southernBuster » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:27 pm

my name is Sarah. I dont hunt , at least not yet. i am trying to get into the sport though. most i found this site because i have a chessie and i wanted to train him to hunt with me!! great way to start two newbies!! :oops: anyway i am 29 and i have 3 kids a 5yr old 3 1/2 and a 17 month. oh and a husband!!
love the girl , love her Chessie!
southernBuster
hunter

Postby southernBuster » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:29 pm

oh i forgot to mention that i am a rock climber rollerblader and that i drive the bus a Zion National Park. So come on by and say HI!!!!
southernBuster
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:23 am

My name is Angie and I am 25 years old. I live in Sunset Utah. I have been hunting for only 2 years and am still learning to shoot. I mostly hunt upland birds, but have gone duck and goose hunting a couple of times. I am an avid pheasant hunter. I hunt in Idaho every year with my husband. My husband has an English Setter named Jim and I received an English Setter last Feb. and Her name is Molly(she is a tri-color) Our dogs have been trained to duck hunt as well. It is amazing how versatile setters are. They are amazing. I love to fish and play soccer. Thanks for suggesting this forum. It is great.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:52 am

:welcome: , Angie! Glad to have you!

Come on, ladies! Who else is out there? We want to hear from you!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby southernBuster » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:37 pm

hey angie!!
what position do you play? i am a soccer player too . i play left halfback usually. by the way where is sunset ??? i live in cedar city and have family in logan and preston iadaho
southernBuster
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:58 am

Hello Southernbuster,

I mostly play indoor soccer now in the Ogden area. I can play pretty much anywhere. In outdoor, I usually will play halfback or forward and on very rare occasions I will play keeper. Sunset is about 10 minutes south of ogden. So have you played indoor soccer at all?
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby southernBuster » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:25 pm

i have played a little bit of indoor. it was fun. i like to slide tackle though and would usually get myself in trouble!! when i playede outdoor i was a halfback. now i am just coaching my 5 yr olds AYSO team
southernBuster
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 am

That is great. My husband coached comp ball for 6 years. He started with the 10 year old boys and stayed with that team until they got to high school. Very time consuming, but very worth our while. we are thinking of starting another time soon.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby huntnchic » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:49 pm

Hi Ladies! I'm Natalie. I live near the town of Peyton, CO. East of Colorado Springs. My Husband is the real hunter in the family but I've only been duck hunting a few times, and I am still learning. I can hold my own when it comes to trap shooting and when we're out in the field. Sometimes the guys joke they'll never get a shot in. Maybe they do that to make me feel better. Currently I only waterfowl hunt. I'm not too interested in big game yet, perhaps I'll leave that one to the hubby!

I look forward to hearing stories of hunts from you all!

Natalie
huntnchic
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:02 pm

:welcome: , Natalie!

We're so glad to have you!
HuntingWife
hunter

HELLO ALL

Postby TXwaterfowler » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:19 am

HEY GIRLS ON MY HUSBANDS SCREEN NAME I WAS SITTING HERE PLAYING AROUND AND WHAT DO U KNOW I FOUND THIS SITE. I GUESS I WILL GET A MEMBERSHIP. ANYWAYS I'M 26 HOUSEWIFE FROM SAVOY TEXAS MY HUSBAND IS A SERIOUS BIRD HUNTER I'VE BEEN WITH HIM A FEW TIMES BUT ITS TO COLD FOR ME YEAH I'M A WHIMP. THE HUNTING I DO IS TURKEY SPRING AND FALL I'VE SHOT MORE TURKEY THEN HE HAS. OH 1 BOY AND HOPEING 1 ONE THE WAY :thumbsup:

ALRIGHT I GUESS THATS IT WBS
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:03 am

:welcome:

Let us know when you get your own handle!

Glad to have ya!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:46 am

Just wanted to post a short hi to you all. I will hopefully get to post more later but the baby won't let me get much done today so I'll see how far I get. My name is Kelli and I'm a 26 year old mother of 5 from central kansas. I hav a 2yr old girl, a 1 week old girl, a 2 yr old fem. Weim, a 3yr old male lab/aust.shep. and a husband (he's more work than the girls most of the time :tounge: ). I have yet to shoot a gun but I love going out with dh for duck or upland. I haven't gotten a chance to try deer hunting yet but I'm looking forward to getting that chance this season.

Go figure I get the baby to be quiet for more than 2 mins. and the 2yrold decides to throw her lunch to the dog. Guess niether were to fond of the apples. lol

Talk to ya'll later.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:39 pm

Kelli,

Congratulations on the new baby girl! How is big sister adjusting? We would love to hear more about her when you get a minute -- although I am sure you are using every free second you have to rest (just as you should be!).

Congrats!
Katie
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Lady Wingnut » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:36 pm

Hi all! I am so glad to meet other ladies with similar interests! My name is Alison and I am 25, married, and will be graduating from grad school and starting a new job in 1 week! I live in Wisconsin right now, but will be moving to Montana (where he is from) when my husband finishes school, 1.5 yrs and counting!
My husband is an obsessive waterfowl hunter and I just started hunting and shooting recently and I love trap shooting. I have only duck hunted once, and got my first duck, a wood duck. I have gone turkey hunting for one season, but didn't get one, saw one every day but he was smarter than me :).
I am very small and just bought my first shotgun, a 20gadge mossberg youth model. I had trouble finding one that fit me well, and I highly recommend it for other ladies.
I look forward to talking more with you all!
Lady Wingnut
Newb

Postby Lady Wingnut » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:39 pm

How could I forget to mention my bird doggy! I have one wonderful yellow lab named gunnar and we have a puppy coming in a few weeks another male yellow lab. I also have a cat named punkin. 3 animals, but no babies yet, soon though, we hope :).
Lady Wingnut
Newb

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:35 am

:welcome: , Lady!

We are so glad to have you!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:16 am

Lady- Are you sure you want babies (checks to see if big black bags are still under eyes...yep still there lol) Just kidding, they're great especially when they get to be about 6 months old and start sleeping throught the night (only 5 more months to go).
Make sure you have a good babysitter before you get started on the babies. lol I don't know what we'd do without my parents. Oh wait I know... DH would get to go hunting all the time while I sat at home with the babies for the next few years. Hmm do they make babysized ear plugs? The little one is up that early anyway. I could just make a camo sling and take her along. he he he DH would love it. He's already trying to talk me into letting our 2 year old go.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:20 pm

My name is Kaytee I am 23 years old I have been hunting since i was 14yrs. and I am learning to call ducks and geese. i Hunt deer elk ducks geese and (pheasants only for my hubbys sake I hat the damn things) and clays I have 3 kids one is 6 one is 4 and one is 2 and the hubby during the day i run a daycare so I have alot more kids. I am from layton It is nice to meet other women that hunt and i hope to meet alot more.
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:12 pm

Hi Kaytee! I run a daycare too! I'm having a nice quiet day today with only one dckid. I normally have 4.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Welcome, Kaytee! Thanks so much for the contributions you have made thus far!

:thumbsup:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:53 pm

Hi Katyee,

Is anyone teaching you to duck and goose call? My husband has been helping anyone that wants to learn. I started to learn, but I don't hunt ducks very much.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:52 pm

Yea I am learning from a guy named Bret he is really easy to learn from
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:56 am

I thought that was you Kaytee. Bret is my husband. I am glad to hear he is a good teacher. He has more patient with doing things like that than I do.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Next

Return to Outdoors Women Forum