Tell us about yourself!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Postby jumpshooter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:32 pm

I thought that it was you too I asked brody if he could rember your name because im terrable with them and he could't but I wanted to be sure.. How are you doing?
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:55 pm

I doing great. You need to come over more often and keep him busy teaching you guys. he really does enjoy teaching people to call. I should probably be better at trying to learn, but I hate being cold. I love to hunt pheasants and grouse and doves. That is about it. One day when I finally draw out, I will shoot a turkey. Hope to see you guys soon.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby Mrs.LAredneck » Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 pm

Hi! My name is Ashley. I may be stating the obvious, but LAredneck is my hubby. I am 23 and live on Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska. I am originally from central Arkansas. We have two boys, Hunter (3yrs) and Mason (3mos) and two furbabies, a choc lab named Drake and a Jack Russell named Tiger. I have only tagged along w/Ben on a hunting trip once, when I was 16...well, he shared that story on here (humilitating :oops: ) so no need to go into detail. Despite the fact that he says I'm a girly girl, I do love the outdoors~just not bugs! I love to go camping, hiking, and 4-wheeler riding. I've spent the last 7yrs as a hunting widow, and have finally decided to take an interest and stop being left behind. The fact that we have 2 boys is what really motivated me, since I know in the future they too will hunt. I got a 12ga and a four wheeler for mother's day this year. Looking forward to putting them to use when he gets back from Iraq this fall!! I don't know a lot about hunting so while he is gone I intend to spend some time lurking around here to see how much information I can absorb before he comes home.
Mrs.LAredneck
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed May 24, 2006 6:32 am

Welcome to the family, Ashley! We are glad to have you! :smile:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Daniel00 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:53 am

hello..its nice to be here..i'm 21 from Utah..ive enjoyed the outdoors fishing in rivers and lakes..now i'm into hunting, just want to try my dad's favorite past time..sometimes he spent many days out into the woods to hunt for deers and sometimes turkeys..He told me i'l go for ducks or maybe turkeys for my first hunt..
It's really fun knowing a lot of women are into hunting too :D
Daniel00
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:33 am

:welcome: TO DHC
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby inbayjewels » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:03 pm

:smile: Soooooooo glad there is finally a women's hunting forum. My husband is always on some talk forum about hunting or fishing where there is no woman. Anyways, My name is Julie and I love to hunt /fish. My all time favorite has to be duck hunting. I like dove hunting, goose hunting as well. I have been hunting for about 4 years now. I 'm a okay of a shooter, still learning though LOL.
We have 2 Labs - 1 yellow and 1 black. Bullet and Seeketh. Bullet is my husband's (suppose to have been mine as a birthday present) But my husband took him over and turned him into a hunting, retrieving machine. Now Seeketh on the other hand is my little gurl, she is 4 months old and a mama's girl. I am in the process of training her for field trials. We have no children except our dogs.
I live in good old Wallis, Tx. out in the country. It gets kind of boring out here but, I would not trade it for anything!
Glad I found this site!
inbayjewels
Newb

Postby On the porch » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:34 am

Well I'll say hello now. My husband comes on here all the time, so I thought I'd see what it's all about. I'm Christina, 33 from the mid-west. I'm a nurse at one of our local hospitals and I enjoy the outdoors with my husband and young stepson. As much as I can anyway. My screen name was picked by him because I spend alot of time on the front porch in the evenings reading. I love that. It's peaceful and I relax. Like I said, I just wanted to check out what was going on here. Something happened here that got my husband very upset, I always read over his shoulder, so I wanted to get my own screen time to find out more.
Be nice or I'll cath you!
On the porch
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:34 pm

:welcome: Welcome, In Bay and Porch! We're always glad to have more women here at DHC! Thanks for introducing yourselves. Porch, who is your hubby?
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby happyshooter » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi girls, my name is Jacquie and I live in a small town in Manitoba, Cananda. I am a newly single mother of three great kids, ages 5,3 and 2. (can you say busy,lol). I've always loved the outdoors and just this June began clay shooting with a guy from work (well, okay I geuss you could call him my boyfriend). He is really supportive and happens to be crazy into duck hunting. I thought it might be fun to give it a try with him so hopefully this fall I will. Aside from wanting to do something fun with him, I REALLY love to shoot and thought it would be fun to connect with some other gals who share my passion for shooting, that's why I signed in here.

Hope to chat with you all soon, hugs and giggles, Jacquie
happyshooter
hunter

hi

Postby happyshooter » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:36 pm

Hi girls, my name is Jacquie, I'm 31yrs old and I'm from a small town in Manitoba, Canada. I am a new single mom of three great kids, ages 5,3,and 2. (ya, can you say busy.lol) I just recently started clay shooting this June and have become completely addicted to it. I've always loved the outdoors and in the past few months started to date a guy that is obsessed with duck hunting so I thought it might be fun trying it out this fall. To be honest, I'm not sure I can handle actually killing something but we'll see (if not then I geuss I'll hunt with a camera lens and just help with the decoying, calling and so forth)
I signed up on this forum in the hopes of meeting up with other girls who love to shoot and understand what it's like to have the challenges that we moms have.
Well that's all I can think to tell you all about me, I hope to hear from you soon
happyshooter
hunter

oops

Postby happyshooter » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:44 am

oops, sorry for posting twice i'm having trouble with my computer :oops:
talk to you all soon, Jacquie
happyshooter
hunter

hello all!

Postby FemDuckHunter » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:14 pm

Hello everyone. Name's Jennifer and I'm in Columbus, Ohio. I've been hunting most of my life. Mostly small mammals as a child, then turkey and whitetail in the last 5 years. For the last few years I've gotten into duck/geese hunting with my father in northeast ohio. Last year I moved to columbus, so I'm having to find new places to duck hunt in central ohio.

Anyway, I'm single, no kids. It's funny, cause I've been looking for a man in the area who has the same interests, but haven't had any luck finding any in the area.

Glad to find other women who enjoy the outdoors like I do.
FemDuckHunter
hunter

just the girls

Postby Heritage » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:22 pm

Okay- How cool is this! Just the girls, ya can't beat that. My name is Kelli and I live in Singleton, Texas. I am 30 years old, married and have a 5 year old son and 2 step sons. I own a whelping center and I am crazy about puppies. I am a professional retriever trainer and love to hunt- well, I must. We run over 25 hunt test a year and a limited number of field trials. It makes it hard to guggle family, school with the kids, training and tests but it sure beats sitting in an office all day. I was a dental assistant for 9 years and really liked it but it cannot compair to watching the ducks come into a training pond just before dark. I am not crazy about the cold weather but here in Texas it's rarely COLD. I have a few master hunters one that is QAA. Labs are incredible- loyal, smart, trainable and most of them are truly talented. I owned Chessies for many years and a few still come and go from time to time.

It would be great to have a lady's training group around here as I am usually the only girl 75% of the time. If any of you want to get away and come work some dogs you are always welcome!

Horses are my hobby -what little time there is for that.
Kelli Corcoran
Great Expectations- whelping center & puppy development

Home of:
Twin Rivers Cold One MH, QAA
Blackwater Tag MH
Heritage
Newb

cold

Postby FemDuckHunter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:59 pm

Nice to hear from you. I've been thinking of getting a lab lately. My parents have a chocolate lab named Bear and he's great. Too bad they never studded him out, I'd love one of his pups.

I can almost guarantee that it gets colder in Ohio than in Texas. That's one of the bad things about Ohio, the duck season is short and fast.

I've been thinking about checking out the local retriever clubs here, just haven't done it yet.
FemDuckHunter
hunter

Postby girls_hunt_too! » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Hi ladies. I am SOOOO glad I found this forum!! :smile: My name is Stacie. I am 21 years old and I am from South Dakota- origionally from Nebraska (just moved up here for college). I work at the sporting goods counter in a local store and I am a college student. Not to mention and hunter. Openening weekend of duck hunting I couldn't get to sleep! I have been hunting since I was 16. No one in my family hunts, so I was kinda the black sheep... who killed animals. :smile: Took a hunter's safety course and ended up marrying my hunter's safety instructor's son. We both enjoy waterfowling together and seperate. He has his buddies and I have a newfound female friend who hunts here, too. She actually told me about this site. I am thinking about getting into big game next year. I also hunt small game: doves, rabbits, squirrels, phesants, coons, quail, ect.
girls_hunt_too!
Newb

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:04 am

Hi everyone! My name is Holly. I'm 41, and not only the rare chick among hunters, but the rare hunter in my profession (I'm a journalism professor, and you don't find too many hunters at newspapers or in the Ivory Tower). My students think I'm a nut, but in a good way, and they put up with my hunting pictures. I'm trying really hard to give them a positive impression about hunting so they don't grow up to become the kinds of reporters who are ignorant about guns and hunting.

I just started hunting this year, and LOVE it so far, and wonder why it took me so long to start. OK, I don't wonder. No one around me hunted until my hubbie took it up a few years ago. But my dad and his sisters hunted for food in the mountains of Southern California during the Depression, and family legend has it that they sent my aunt out one day with a rifle and six bullets and said, "Bring us dinner!" and she came back with six carcasses, including a mountain lion. Dang! Even if it's bulls***, I wanna be like that!

I'm glad you're all here!
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby Female Goose Hunter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey my names Tara my dad is moderator over taxidermy forum on this thing. I have been hunting since i was nine (I'm 24 now) i specialize in canadian hunting, deadly with a twelve gauge...I'm also a taxidermist i specialize in mounting deer heads my dad has the bird mounting going tho. I have two daughters 3 and 1 1/2. I horse back ride and hike, i live in royal iowa.

Remember if ya cant tell what it is before ya shoot, dont pull the trigger :thumbsup:

Tara
Female Goose Hunter
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:45 am

*waves*

Hi! I'm Shannon, 29, and live near Grand Rapids, Michigan. I grew up camping and hunting with my dad. Starting plinking squirrels as soon as it was legal when I was 12, and bringing home deer when I was 14. I've been married less than a year to an absolutely wonderful man, who also is an avid hunter. I just started rabbit hunting last year with Joe and the guys and by the time March rolled around we had brought home 50-60 rabbits. It was so much fun, but boy were we sick of eating it by then. lol. We also just started duck hunting last year, we were introduced to it by a friend and were hooked on the first day. lol.

I also do some Cowboy Action Shooting, which I just love! I've always been a bit on the competitive side, and it's always fun when you can shoot better than some of the guys. ;)

However, until Joe, I'd never done any shotgunning. Dad was always a rifle and pistol shooter. So, it's a whole new area to learn. If my skeet shooting is any indication, I won't be bringing home very many birds this year. :no: But, practice, practice, practice!
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby dog » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi, m name is Lisa, I am 13 years old (dont worry, I dont act like a teenager) I have gone out hunting with my dad since I was 4. When I was 8, I got my hunting lisense. I am a strait A student from near SF, CA. I love sports like biking, soccer (goalie), and many more. I own an old golden retreiver named Butterscoth tat I found in a hunting field when I was 7 (she is gunshy). I also have a very old black lab named Thor that we cant take hunting anymore. I like hunting for waterfowl and dove mostly, but am trying new things. :rofl:
dog
hunter

Hello Ladies

Postby Carolyn_Venable » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 pm

My Name is Carolyn I am 37 years old and I went Duck Hunting for the very first time ever this November with my boyfriend JD. I only went at first because he loves duck hunting so much and I wanted to be able to have some understanding of what he was talking about when he told stories about Duck Hunting. To my great surprise I Loved It!! Orginally the plan was I would go the first day and then if I wanted I could go the second day I went both days and loved every minute of it. I didn't get my duck but I will. JD is currently working in Iraq so we only got to go on the opening days here in AL but hopefully this year (2008) he will be home for some of the season so we can go again.
In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.

Carolyn Odell
Carolyn_Venable
hunter

Postby Kiskadinna » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Welcome to DHC and the world of duck hunting Carol. Glad to have you here!
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:47 am

:welcome: Welcome to the addiction, Carolyn! My boyfriend got me started too, and now I go duck hunting every chance I get, whether he can join me or not!

If you really love it, I strongly encourage you to go out by yourself sometime. It's very, very peaceful, and you learn a lot when you have to take responsibility for every aspect of the hunt. If you hunt on public lands, you'll find that staff and other hunters are also really helpful, particularly when they see a woman learning to hunt. They really want us to succeed. (And I have never felt threatened or vulnerable when I've hunted alone.)

Good luck, and may your boyfriend stay safe in Iraq. Our best wishes and prayers are with him.
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the Welcome

Postby Carolyn_Venable » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 am

If you really love it, I strongly encourage you to go out by yourself sometime. It's very, very peaceful, and you learn a lot when you have to take responsibility for every aspect of the hunt. If you hunt on public lands, you'll find that staff and other hunters are also really helpful, particularly when they see a woman learning to hunt. They really want us to succeed. (And I have never felt threatened or vulnerable when I've hunted alone.)

Good luck, and may your boyfriend stay safe in Iraq. Our best wishes and prayers are with him.
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I will go duck hunting with JD and without in the future I am sure but for now I will wait for him due to the fact that first I want to wait till I am comfortable with a gun know all the responsibilities that go with being a gun owner and user. I also want to learn and know all that goes with hunting and being a safe and responsible hunter. I will have all of this in due time. I love the outdoors but never got into hunting before I don't really know why maybe because I was never asked or never really thought about hunting some of both I guess. But it has opened up a whole new world to me and I plan on taking advantage of this new and exciting adventure in my life right be side JD. He is a Sportsman loves hunting and fishing and he is the one responsible for my new outlook I never knew what I was missing until I started hearing him talk about duck hunting, fishing, deer hunting, etc.. He is taking me Fly Fishing in August in Ireland and I can't wait to learn or try to learn that is...LOL BUt I am UP for the adventure!!! Hope to be adding lots and lots of duck/goose hunting stories in the future.....

Thanks again,
Carolyn
In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.

Carolyn Odell
Carolyn_Venable
hunter

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:20 am

Good point! I'd been hunting with my boyfriend probably 8-10 times before I went out alone. When I decided to do it, that's what forced me to get serious about learning my duck identification. Fortunately, I was such a bad shot then that I didn't have to worry about shooting too much of any kind of duck! :oops: But I'm getting better now.
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors Women Forum