Tell us about yourself!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Postby Huntergirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:29 am

Hi all!! My name is Teddi and Im from Matlock, Wa. I am not one of these girls that will be left behind. I have been hunting since I was nine yrs old. I am now 27 yrs old. I gutted my first bear with my dad when I was 6 yrs old , back when you could hunt bear with hounds. I have killed ALOT of deer (black Tail), Elk, Grouse, ducks, coyotes, geese and numerous other small game animals. I am married to the best guy in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been married 6 yrs. When we got married he had never hunted before. Now look out! We have 4 boys Jon is 15, JJ is 14, Adam is 11, and Colt is 5. All the boys hunt and love it. That is all they do eat, sleep & hunt. It is so wonderful to do this as a family. We have 3 AKC lab's; our male is Rabbit Cr Six Gun Smokin' aka "Shooter"(blk), one of our females is Rabbit Cr Magnum Morning aka "Maggie"(blk), and our other is female Rabbit Cr Melts In Your Mouth aka "Sissy"(choc). They are wonderful dogs. Its nice to find a forum for the girls. I hope everyone has a AWESOME hunting season this year.! :wink:
Teddi Sue
Huntergirl
hunter

Postby Huntergirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am

"Huntergirl"]Hi all!! My name is Teddi and Im from Matlock, Wa. I am not one of these girls that will be left behind. I have been hunting since I was nine yrs old. I am now 27 yrs old. I gutted my first bear with my dad when I was 6 yrs old , back when you could hunt bear with hounds. I have killed ALOT of deer (black Tail), Elk, Grouse, ducks, coyotes, geese and numerous other small game animals. I am married to the best guy in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been married 6 yrs. When we got married he had never hunted before. Now look out! We have 4 boys Jon is 15, JJ is 14, Adam is 11, and Colt is 5. All the boys hunt and love it. That is all they do eat, sleep & hunt. It is so wonderful to do this as a family. We have 3 AKC lab's; our male is Rabbit Cr Six Gun Smokin' aka "Shooter"(blk), one of our females is Rabbit Cr Magnum Morning aka "Maggie"(blk), and our other is female Rabbit Cr Melts In Your Mouth aka "Sissy"(choc). They are wonderful dogs. Its nice to find a forum for the girls. I hope everyone has a AWESOME hunting season this year.! :wink:

"If you love something sent it free, If it don't come back Hunt it down and Kill it!"
Teddi Sue
Huntergirl
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Teddi! Welcome to the Outdoor Woman Forum! Sounds like you have some great stories to tell! :welcome:

So if you had to pick one type of hunting as a favorite, what would it be? How long have you been waterfowling?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Huntergirl » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 am

I would say defiantly Black Tail Hunting! I love it..........I have hunted waterfowl probably about 4 yrs before i got married and now we are getting back into it with my hubby and my boys. :thumbsup:
Teddi :grooving:
Teddi Sue
Huntergirl
hunter

Postby locked_n_loaded » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey Ya'll! Im Brittany or Britt which every one you wanna say. I've been duck hunting since I was probably 5 and I'm 18 now so yeah for a while. Im from the Camden Bottoms in Tennessee, thats my hunting ground right there. This year I drew a blind down there and Im super siked to get to hunt it all season long. I have hunted almost everywhere in Tennessee there is to hunt but I still havent found nothing I like like the good ole' camden bottoms. And I hope that all you girls know that Im so glad that their are other girls like me out there to lol. Ya'll have a good season!
Aint nothin like gettin up at 3 in the morning, throwing on the waders, goin out the door, jumpin in the truck, and going out to the river, and watch the boys look at me and say "Girls duck hunt?"
locked_n_loaded
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:13 am

Hey Brittany - :welcome:!!!

Gotta love those looks right? lol. So tell me more about the blind draw. How does it work? We don't have that up here, or at least in the areas that we hunt. Are the blinds on public land? Do you get to use it for the season? Is it a public lottery? Sounds interesting!
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby locked_n_loaded » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:00 pm

The blinds are on TWRA property. There are 48 blinds, if I'm right, I may have that wrong. Its located in Big Sandy, TN, which is right outside Camden. To enter the drawing, you have to have your licences for that year. I think you have to have your Migatory Bird and WMA small game hunt and trap. Which is like 89.00 for those three but to hunt you have to have your duck stamp and a state permit. All together is about 128 I think. But anywho, you put your ticket into a big raffle thing and if they draw your name you pick the blind you want. You only get that blind for one season. You are required to get a permit to plant or cut or any of that stuff. As for the public, they cant use the blind if the card holder, the person that drew the blind, isnt in there before shooting hours. If your in there and the card holder comes in, you have to leave if they make you. But I thinks thats about it though. And thanks for the welcome! Like I said Im soooo happy to find other girls that like to get out and kick it in the blind with the boys lol.
Aint nothin like gettin up at 3 in the morning, throwing on the waders, goin out the door, jumpin in the truck, and going out to the river, and watch the boys look at me and say "Girls duck hunt?"
locked_n_loaded
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 am

That sounds pretty cool! I'm sure they do something similar in other areas of the state, but I wasn't familiar with the process. Do you find that the ducks start to get wary of the blinds later in the season?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby locked_n_loaded » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:20 pm

I havent actually heard of them doing it in other states..... But as for the late season part, it just depends on how much they are hunted. But my blind is right off the river, they have to fly over my blind to get into the farther corn fields. So they have no choice but to fly over. The bottoms are right on the fly way so theres millions of birds flying over each season. These blinds are fully planted in corn, plus you can add any planted crops permited, TWRA had to approve them though, so they have plently of food to keep bringing them back. But this year its a straight 60 day season with NO breaks or opening weekend then closing again.
locked_n_loaded
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 am

That sounds pretty neat! We don't get much in terms of migration birds here. We're not on a major flyway, so most of the hunting we do is on residents. They get smart pretty quickly.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby ripnrr's wife » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Teddi and Britt :welcome: glad to see some more women in here
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
ripnrr's wife
hunter

Postby locked_n_loaded » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:21 pm

That sounds pretty neat! We don't get much in terms of migration birds here. We're not on a major flyway, so most of the hunting we do is on residents. They get smart pretty quickly.

Luckily for us we sit right in one. Our bottoms have like millions of birds every year. Even then, we have plently of swamps and back lakes that the green heads love so heck if it slows down we just relocate lol.

Thats what I love about living down here, theres so many birds cause we are right on their flight pattern so theres always a new batch of birds.

I recommend anyone to try hunting in the Camden Bottoms atleast one time in their life. But the thing is, you gotta pick a good blind like 107 104 and 109. But even if you cant get one of those jump in your waders and wade into 74 and hunt the field. I mean your going to kill ducks when your in the hot spots.

Hi Teddi and Britt glad to see some more women in here

Hiya!!! :smile:
locked_n_loaded
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 am

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I missed that you mentioned Big Sandy earlier! I'm actually going down there (or nearby) on a guided duck hunt Jan. 5-6! http://www.stevemccadams.com/index.htm

We'll be staying in Paris (probably at the Econo Lodge). There will be five of us hunting. A couple of the guys we're going with have been on one of Steve's hunts before and said we had to go down with them. We said, "OK!". lol.

How is the hunting around New Year's usually?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby locked_n_loaded » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Everything depends on where your hunting or if the place your hunting has been over hunted. If your hunting in or around Big Sandy, I'd stay at the Guest House Inn in Camden, its a whole lot cheaper. If your hunting on Kentucky lake or on the TN river, its a throw up sometimes. Somedays you might go and kill the hell out of them, but others you might only kill 4 or 5 ducks. But being a guide hunt, I'd say that your all set. I hope you love hunting down here cause I know I sure do lol.
locked_n_loaded
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm sure we'll have a great time! We'll be hunting private blinds so I think that should help things. *crosses fingers*

Michigan's duck season starts this Saturday and I can't wait! I need to all my misses out of the way, so I'm good to go on the paid hunt. ;)
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Outdoors Women Forum