Recipes

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Recipes

Postby ripnrr's wife » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Ok, so any of you have any good recipes for Goose and Duck, we will have alot of birds this year and we need differn't stuff. We might try to donate some to the homeless, but not to sure how to go about that yet! And we plan on having a big BBQ with bird for our friends and family. Anyway I would love to get your favorite dishes for duck and geese if yall don't eat them.....maybe you have friends that do!

we have one great duck-k-bob one its soooo good, if any of you want it let me know. I have never tried goose yet but plan on it this year.

Happy Hunting :wink:
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
ripnrr's wife
hunter

Postby one ducky lady » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:05 pm

I am definitely interested in that recipe! And any others you may have that have been successful. I'm going to be looking for a lot of new stuff, so when I try it i'll let everyone know how it works (don't want to give you something awful :rofl: )
one ducky lady
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:44 pm

hey gals, check out the Cooking Forum, and dont be afraid to contribute. recipes with pics added are always a plus. :thumbsup:
bluewing77
hunter

Postby one ducky lady » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 pm

btw: The Virginia Duck Hunting part of this forum has some recipes hiding in there that I found today... worth looking at.
one ducky lady
hunter

Duck on the grill

Postby huntingmama » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 pm

[img]http://duckhuntingchat.com/userpix/7987_IMG_1759_1.jpg[/img]
To me the best way is on the grill.
Cut the breasts into slices.
Wrap each slice with beacon.
Grill for about 20-30 minutes or until done.
Watch out for the beacon grease catching fire!!
We always have a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's barbaque sauce handy to dip them in
huntingmama
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 am

Gotta love Sweet Baby Ray's. :)

I'm honestly not much of a cook, I normally let the hubby cook the meat and I make the side dishes. Rice-A-Roni anyone? :oops:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:32 am

Pretty much the only way we eat duck is roasted whole with a bit of salt and pepper. Duck is such a perfect thing to eat that you don't need to mess with it - and it's well worth plucking the whole duck to be able to eat all that tasty skin.

My roasting recipe is here: http://norcalcazadora.blogspot.com/2008/02/kitchen-confessions-of-huntress.html

And if you REALLY like cooking for hours at a time, I have a good recipe for ducks that are on ... ahem ... the stronger side. Like scaup. That one's here: http://norcalcazadora.blogspot.com/2008/07/scaup-thats-not-just-good-but-damn-good.html

-Holly
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby ripnrr's wife » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

we did duck-ka-bobs last year. really good. Soak breast in butter milk for 24hrs and them marinande in sesame ginger (buy it at the store) and then chop, put jalapenos and wrap in bacon, yum yum. I can't wait for duck this year. I want to try all kinds of recipes. thanks all and I will have to check out that cooking spot too.
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
ripnrr's wife
hunter

Postby stonewalldogs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 am

I like to make a beef and broccoli recipe for goose. Chinese food. It tastes awesome. For ducks, I generally roast in the oven and serve it with some duck sauce that is a combo of worchestershire sauce and melted butter. Sometimes I make an italian sauce with chicken livers if I don't have enough ducks to go around.
My momma would slice the goose breast really thin then chicken fry it like a chicked fried steak. Yum!
Stonewall Retrievers www.stonewalldogs.com
stonewalldogs
DHC Sponsor

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:02 am

That sounds fantastic!
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum