Need someone to help me! I want to learn duck hunting!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Need someone to help me! I want to learn duck hunting!

Postby texashuntergirl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:58 pm

I would like to learn how to duck hunt! I live in Dallas, tX and I am interested in going hunting with someone that is experienced. If you are in the area and would be willing to allow me to come along and learn the art, please contact me. I also have a yellow lab girl that I would like to train to retrieve for me! She is the reason I want to learn this! I have been deer hunting and I enjoy that and I know I would love duck hunting!

txpeoples@gmail.com
Thanks!

Amber
"texashuntergirl"

of Dallas, TX

"My lab, a heartbeat at my feet."
texashuntergirl
Newb

Postby Admin2 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:38 pm

You may also want to check with the TX G&F dept about if BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) workshops are available. I know many states are now offering classes, workshops and outings for the beginner and advanced beginner. And it can be an additional way for women to connect with like minded women in their area.

And :welcome: to DHC. Stop in often as there is great group of women on this forum to talk with.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Outdoor Gal » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:11 am

:welcome: to the forums!

Like A2 said BOW is a great place to meet other ladies that hunt as well as Women in the Outdoors. You can check out the following links for some more info on the programs. I've gone to a couple of different events with both groups and it's a great time and great to meet other ladies with similar interests.

www.womenintheoutdoors.org
http://www.uwsp.edu/CNR/bow/

You could also perhaps check out the Texas State Forum as well.

So what prompted your interest in duck hunting? For me, I tagged along on a hunt with my husband (it was his second hunt) and one of his coworkers. We only saw one duck that day, but it was enough. Good times. :biggrin:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum