Happy Birthday to me!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Happy Birthday to me!

Postby Naturegirl » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Monday was my birthday and we went duck hunting. What a great way to spend the morning. The best thing was I spotted a bobcat on the other side of the water and that was the first time I had seen one in the wild. It just walked along the water's edge and never noticed us. It was bigger in real life than I had imagined it would be. Thought I'd share some pics. Our dog, Addie, is so cute in the pics. She has no idea it is photo time. She's still alert looking for ducks. She's a great dog. We only got four, but four is way better than none. It looks like things are slowing down until the full migration hits. All in all, one of the best birthdays ever!

Me, hubby, and Addie

Me and Addie (just love the too big clothes huh...maybe someday. The XL jacket interferes with me shouldering my gun, so it has to be sooner rather than later!)
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby duckgirl123 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Happy belated! Sounds like a fun day to me.
If it flies, it could die!
duckgirl123
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Happy late birthday, a friend of mine once told me a day spent in the outdoors is a free day and doesnt count against you in the end. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Happy belated b-day! Love the pictures! That's such a great way to spend a birthday. :thumbsup: ANd I love the look in your dog's eyes! She's so intense.

I've never seen a bobcat, that would have been really cool! Don't you just love seeing wildlife like that? I had a stare down with a river otter that was 15 feet away last season, it was awesome. I love otters.

Is your hunting weather usually pretty warm, since your in AZ?
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Naturegirl » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Outdoor Gal wrote:Happy belated b-day! Love the pictures! That's such a great way to spend a birthday. :thumbsup: ANd I love the look in your dog's eyes! She's so intense.

I've never seen a bobcat, that would have been really cool! Don't you just love seeing wildlife like that? I had a stare down with a river otter that was 15 feet away last season, it was awesome. I love otters.

Is your hunting weather usually pretty warm, since your in AZ?

It was pretty warm up until this week, but the trips this week were colder. It was cold enough in the morning to see my breath. We've been out there in 20 degree weather last year. The days warm up nicely, but the nights, especially early mornings, can get downright cold. I actually had the beanie on, so it was cold. My hubby can't stand the cold so he is always bundled up. Anything below 75 and he has a jacket on. I always tease him about him being in the right profession (fire fighter) cuz he loves the heat and hates the cold.

We are going quail hunting next Tuesday for a daytrip. Kids are out of school, so my 13 yo daughter is going to watch the baby. Maybe I'll come home with my first quail ever. Quail is supposed to be pretty hot right now, so hopefully I'll get one.

Addie just loves hunting. She is such a great all around dog and super birdy. We took a friend and his 11 yo boy with us the last couple trips and he fell in love with Addie.
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Happy belated, you spent it well! :happybday:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 pm

A WAY belated happy birthday from me too!

What a great way to spend your birthday. Mine's in September so I can't hunt ducks. Wah!
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum