Nice long shot

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Nice long shot

Postby Naturegirl » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:40 pm

DH and I went duck hunting yesterday morning. Things were slow as we are still waiting for the big migration, but we had a few opportunities. I took a long shot at a widgeon and hit it! I was very proud of myself. I think I'm finally getting the lead down. The post in the honey hole about leading helped me a lot. I know it will become instinct eventually, but for now butt, belly, beak and follow through.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:55 am

Congratulations! It's a beautiful thing when you stretch yourself and succeed. I'm still really reluctant to take long shots because I'm so bad at them. :no:
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm the same way, NorCal.

Naturegirl, it sounds like it's all coming together for you! That rocks! :thumbsup:

Our season is over in Michigan, but we're heading to Tennessee for a 2-day guided hunt right after New Years. I didn't do well at all this season, I hope I can hold my own down there. I've been trying to get out skeet shooting to practice as much as possible, but we keep having snowstorms on the nights the range has open shooting. Grr. Tonight might be the same. I'm really hoping the snow holds off until after I can get there.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Return to Outdoors Women Forum