Outdoor Gal!!Here's some of my stuff!!! I REMEMBERED!!!

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, NorCal Cazadora, LadyK

Outdoor Gal!!Here's some of my stuff!!! I REMEMBERED!!!

Postby MicCog » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:03 pm

OK, here's some of my stuff, keep in mind I'm still learning, so some are kinda rough.....[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/ducks/Picture033-1.jpg[/img]
(ps, I fixed the leaning problem, and worked on the neck some as well as his foot I tucked it back some more, less faky lookin')
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/ducks/PINS007.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/tara4574/ducks/marbs077.jpg[/img][/img]
got a few more projects in the works, I'll post pictures as I get them done!!!!
I'm so proud I remembered to post some pictures!!! HORRAY small victory for me!!! :grooving:
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:35 pm

I really like the flying buffy, we shoot lots of them, very pretty bird, the colors in the head always amaze me, Nice work :thumbsup:
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MicCog » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks! that was my first attempt at a flying mount. We rarely see them around here. We shot a hen buffy last weekend but no drakes!

Thanks again for the encoragement!!
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Those look great MicCog! Especially for a beginner! Mine would like like a dog had been chewing on it for a while, if I tried taxidermy. lol.

I really like the Goldeneye.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby MicCog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks! I'm working on a Christmas gift today and had to decide my best usage of time, start a load of laundry, bake some cookies for Santa with the little one (already taken up half my day) then I'm off to try to get three birds mounted before midnight. WHEW! I'll be glad when life slows down a little!!! The goldeneye is my favorite too. (he was my first duck!!!) But I worked on him in Brent's shop and for some reason s$#% goes together better in his shop than mine????? anyway.......I didn't go out this morning, but hubby went out and said it was too darn cold. nice artic cold front going through Greeley, CO right now. (what ever they say the coldest temp in Denver is subtract 10 degrees!!) but they shot two really nice goldeneyes that I'm going to mount up soon. nice thing for me I get all the practice ducks I want!!!
Thanks again, and you never know what talent you may have, I'm sure they would not look like a dog had got a hold of them!!!
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 pm

BUSY DAY!!! Did you get everything done? :wink:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby MicCog » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:10 pm

:stouff: Shoot no. I didn't get the mounts done, going back to that everything goes together better at Brent's shop thing. Oh well, I've got some more pulled out to work on and I'll be more comfortable on them since they're divers and I seem to feel better on them? anywho.....I hope you had a great holiday and were able to go do some huntin'. I hope I can go out tomorrow :skeet: My husband took my nephew out today and said he shot a really nice Merganser, which means I'll mount it for him. First time out duck huntin! I just wish I could have gone with them instead of going to work. :thumbsdown:
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby graphixx » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:51 pm

VERY NICE MOUNTS!!!

if these are pieces done by a novice you will be one heck of a taxidermist!!!
graphixx
hunter

Postby MicCog » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:38 pm

:oops: Thanks! yep all done by me. I had the most help with the goldeneye that's preening, but my jedi master :wink: made me do all the work!!! anyway, finally getting excited about doing it again. I actually finally put up 2 goldeneyes now that I figured out what I wanted for a habitat. I put up one my husband did (kinda) and the one that's preening, have him sitting on an 4 pt. muley antler my husband shot a few years back. something different, and I think it looks cool. I'll have to take a picture of it!
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 am

[quote="MicCog]First time out duck huntin! I just wish I could have gone with them instead of going to work. :thumbsdown:[/quote]

Darn that work getting in the way! It's so frustrating isn't it? :tongue:

The goldeneye on the antler sounds like a really neat idea! I would never have thought of something like that.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby MicCog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:25 pm

darn work!!! :mad:
ANYWAY, lets not go there today.............. :headbang: :toss:

can't take the credit of coming up with the antler thing, saw a can on an antler. (but I thought it could have been pulled off a little different, and it's cool because it's one that my husband shot, first mulley I think?) We have an amazing white tail shed but he won't let me use it......... :sad:
Tara of
MicCog LLC
MicCog
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum