Question about a decoy spread...please help!!!

If you have any DHC SITE, FORUMS, or LOGGING IN issues or general computer problems, please post them here.

Question about a decoy spread...please help!!!

Postby fallinfowlcrew » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 pm

ok so i used to hunt a pond and have always had great luck....well a new neighborhood has showed up next to the pond and basically taken over.... but only about 50 or 100 yds away from the pond is a canal ditch, setting up in it seems pointless cuz the birds would never see my decoy spread down in the canal ditch wen they are flying over the pond....but i have gotten a mojo for this season....do you guys think it would be possible for me to put the mojo up on the bank like its maple leafing into the rest of my decoys and make the ducks skip the pond and come see whats going on in the ditch?.....or will i just be wasting my time?
fallinfowlcrew
hunter

Re: Question about a decoy spread...please help!!!

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 am

I think this forum is more about help using the site, not this kind of help, but I'll help you.
No worries.....
You'd probably get more answers if you slide it over to the Puddle Duck Hunting room..

First, I would confront the guy and remind him that you have been hunting that pond for a while. While it's not "yours" he should be cooler than just muscling in. Maybe you can hunt it together..
You can say, "look, I'm just going to go right over there and set up, I'm not going away, we'd be better off hunting together"

After he tells you to go chit in your hat (as I would)....
You can set up your mojo and maybe some field decoys on the ridge of the drop off, then some floaters in the water and get the call out and see what you can do.
Maybe you will pull some birds?? Worth a shot....
But I would talk to the guy...
How did he just show up like that?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby fallinfowlcrew » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 pm

a neighborhood was built next to the pond all of a sudden and they called the cops wen they heard my shooting...the cops said the pond was recently purchased by the neighborhood :mad: ...so i couldnt hunt there any more but i am able to hunt the ditch....wasnt too happy about the whole thing....but i would still like to try and make the ditch work...
fallinfowlcrew
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I would confirm that.
I could see some ****** telling that to the cop and the cop repeating it to you.
Confirm that through town hall
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Duckhuntingchat.com Site Issues Forum