File to large or corropted ???

If you have any DHC SITE, FORUMS, or LOGGING IN issues or general computer problems, please post them here.

File to large or corropted ???

Postby Brydog » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:00 am

I've used 2 different resizers trying to get photos into my "Create my own photo album" section of DHC. It keeps telling me my file size is too big or my photos are corrupted.
Anyone out there know how to solve this problem??? :help:

Brydog
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Admin2 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Make sure when you resize the pics, that you then save them as a JPG file, which is about 1/10 as big as a Bit file, because we have 128K limit on size, and many Bit files can be much larger than that limit. As for the corrupted portion, that is the software or your computer corrupting the file. Not on this end. So you'll need to trouble shoot why it is corrupting on your end.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Brydog » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:37 am

Admin2,

I really doubt the problem is my computer. I just bought a new Dell a week ago.
I'm moving all my pic's to "Photobucket", hopefully, this will fix the problem. I noticed a lot of people at DHC use Photobucket.

So,,, If this doesnt work, I'll get back in touch.

Thanx,,,Brydog
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Admin2 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:43 am

We have not had anybody else having problems uploading their pictures. So possibly then, operator error when resizeing.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Brydog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:13 am

How do I move pics from Photobucket to DHC
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 am

once u upload them o photo bucket u get the image code and post it here.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Brydog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:09 pm

Could you be more spicific, i dont know squat about what im tryin to do!

I put 20 pics in Photobucket and have resized a few of them. I got tired of trying to get them into DHC so my ole lady played with it a while and finally got one in the Dog Picture section.
The bad thing is, she cant remember how she did it! :umm: :help:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Ok do you want an avatar or just putting a picture on.

Do you want to put a pic on a DHC album or for example just post pics on a thread about your dog or boat or something?

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Brydog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:47 pm

I want to create a photo Album for others to look at . I also want to post pics on threads.

Thanks for helpin out GB :thumbsup: I've got some cool pics of my Dawg, the ole lady and lots more stuffs.
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey i dunno about the album but on photobucket when you upload a pic there are three things under it. The URL code, IMG code, and something else.

You copy the IMG code and paste in on here for people to see.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Brydog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Thanx GB,
I'll give it a try, if it works you'll see some pics in the dog forum. :thumbsup:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:56 pm

Sweet np. :thumbsup:

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:07 am

I recently ran into the same problem. I am not sure either. I have a current copy of Adobe Photoshop and a computer that is about a month old. I finally got off my rear end and got my own domain, and no longer worry about it since I can put the photos on the domain. It did get very irritating. I resized photos down to 1"x1" and low resolution (75ppi) and it still gave me the error message telling me the photo was too large or corrupted.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Boomn4x4 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 am

I've seen it too on my account. If I remember correctly I determined the root cause had to do with clicking the "back" button. If you post a picture and the file size is too large you will get the error message. If you click on the "Back" button in your browser it takes you back to the page where you can upload your pic, but the code behind the scene still thinks the picture is too large. To remedy this, if you post a pic that is too large. Either go back through by useing the "Photo Album" button on the top of the page, or close your browser window and log back in, or resize the file AND change the file name and upload using the NEW file name.
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Duckhuntingchat.com Site Issues Forum