end times and present conditions

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

end times and present conditions

Postby bayouboy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm

i believe in the God of the bible like many on this forum. i believe that the bible is God's word. therefore, i believe in His second coming and the events that are going to take place before. i'm not very well versed w/ the end times, i attended a bible study on the prophesies in the book of Daniel and have read/heard a little more from Revelations.

my concern is this: i believe that society has not been progressing at all even though the majority of the world truly believes it is. it's been digressing a lot, and, according to the bible, it will continue to get worse, including our country.

so, believing this, i dont put too much, for lack of a better word, hope, in say our politic circumstances and dont expect them to improve but to get worse. since it seems lately that many people have taken interest in what's been taking place since Obama has been president and there seems to be a movement of people of more and more people speaking out, is there reason to be excited and optimistic for our country if we know the outcome?

i know the bible teaches not to get caught up in worldly things. i know our time here is temporary. i was just curious if anyone else thinks about these things. those who are very knowledgable w/ the end times, please share on whether you believe we are near the beginning of the end sort of speak.

w/ all the natural disasters occurring, what's taking place in the political world, society, it would seem to me that it's close.

i was told that God didnt destroy sodom and gomorrah because of its sexual immorality, but because of its acceptance. we have a lot of that taking place today huh?
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Re: end times and present conditions

Postby mixedbag916 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree, the Bible IS the truth and is God's world. As far as when the end times are coming, we will never know. It could be tomorrow, it could be a thousand years from now. Only God knows. As far as things getting bad, yes, things are bad (immorality, wars, etc, etc). HOWEVER, things can, and will, get A LOT worse. Again, it may not be for a long time, or it could be starting.
The key is faith in God and continuous prayer, especially for our leaders, including Obama. I don't care for his politics, and think he's taking us down the WRONG road, but that means we should pray for him even more.

Just my .02
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm

I think about it sometimes. Try not to get too caught up in it and live every day as my last. Guess we'll all see how it goes down. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby C-Hawk19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

in first thessalonians 5:2 it says "For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." we don't know when he will come but as revalation 5:9 says " And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation," so he will not return until there are people from every tribe nation tongue and as psalm 22 says family worshiping the christ.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality