Speaking at a Camp

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Speaking at a Camp

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Well it's that time of the year again. I'll be off to counsel at a church camp starting Sunday. This year they asked me to speak again, and I've got Monday night (5 days away :eek: ). I just now got started working on my speech, and it's coming along I guess. Speaking doesn't bother me at all, but I always worry about these because I'm not just speaking about something. I'm helping junior highers navigate through life. These are a complete different deal than a grade in speech class. I could really use some prayer from you guys if you got it. Just that God will use me to speak to them, and will put the words in my mouth. Thanks in advance fellas. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Speaking at a Camp

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:08 pm

The them for the camp this year is Breakaway. I've got breakaway from bondage, so if you guys have any ideas on what to speak on I'm open. I know that some people will have things I haven't thought about yet, or may never think about.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 am

I don't really have any advice, public speaking has never been something i'm good at. I teach the high school class on wednesday nights at church and I struggle through it every week. Church camp is one of my favorite things every year, i think this year will be my 17th strait year. I just hang out in the cabin with the 11th graders and make sure they don't get into trouble though, i've been with this same group of guys since they were in the 7th grade. I don't have to speak or anything though like you, good luck and have fun!
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 pm

what camp are you speaking at preach??
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Smoky Mountain Christian Camp in Coker Creek, TN.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 pm

very cool. :thumbsup:
i went to church camp in tennassee and thought that on an off chance it was the same one.
(Mountain Top mission trip)
any way very cool that you share and introduce christianity into other people's lives.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Well I'm back now and had a blast (I think I learn more from them than they do me sometimes). Got to spend some time with some kids from my church that I didn't know as well as I should as well as a ton of kids from other church's. An autistic young man was baptized on Thursday evening :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't know why, but this was the most accident prone group I've ever counseled there. Nose bleeds, cuts, dehydration, etc. My medical bag really took a hit. Just spent 50 bucks getting back up to stock which says something about how much gauze, alcohol swabs, band aids, and the sort they used. :lol3: I sure am glad I didn't decide to get a game of rugby going.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality